Are you going to get the new TV ?

Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
Was wondering how many GSers were going to get the new Apple TV box especially as it is basically an 8GB iPad without a screen and the jailbreak is already more or less complete.
(so it will be running games before you can say TV App Store !)

Comments

• jstrahanjstrahan Member Posts: 498
    Can't get cable to run a line down my road
    Too far for dsl
    Satellite too slow and limited
    Att wireless too limited I go over every month thinking of jailbreaking and getting mywi anyone else doing this how's it working
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    Once apple makes it a true iOS device that doesn't require a jailbreak I'll consider it.
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    My iPhone 4 is jailbroken. I <3 it. :)
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I got one yesterday, much betterthan the old one nnetflix streaming is great
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Interesting, both my 3gs and ipad are jailbreak free but I wouldn't think twice about 'doing' the little box, I guess I perceive it as more of a domestic lump and I regularly pull that kind of kit to bits!
  • rickynikorickyniko Member Posts: 85
    ive already got the 1st gen apple tv, and happy with this, plus ive got the hard drive inside of it so i can STORE all my itunes content onto it instead of wasting bandwidth streaming movies that i want to buy from itunes, and its better than storing everything on my computer if im not going to use the computer to watch them. :)

so, i voted no :)
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    It would be quality if you could get a few emulators running and connect your wii remote when it's jailbroken!

There's no way I will be getting it though, not on a student budget anyway.
  • danlbryantdanlbryant Member Posts: 236
    RH said:
    It would be quality if you could get a few emulators running and connect your wii remote when it's jailbroken!

There's no way I will be getting it though, not on a student budget anyway.

If you had a Wii, why not just put homebrew on it and emulate games with that?
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    I've got two 160GB previous-gen ones. I'd trade one out for one of the new ones... Anyone interested?