(?) ... speed ... (?)

SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
Hi GendaiGames,

i still have problems to finnish my games, mostly because of the complexity of my gamelogic that i can't reduce plus the in my opinion a little low performance of the GS-Engine...

I don't want to advertise any other framework here... but yesterday i have rebuild the main scene of my game within another engine...

The game starts after 1-2 seconds at my ipod, instead of the 18-20 seconds it takes to load the GS-Version of my game...

Without any optimization but simply throw in my assets in the other framework, i have got a fps of 45-50(!) instead the 27 frames per second i see in the GS-Viewer... so far the pro's... oh and i don't want to hide the con's ;) ... the sound didn't play and the collision detection was ... well "existing" but not perfect... and everything takes 10 times longer... oh and it was no fun! ;)

Now i am asking myself if i should start to improve my programming skills to switch to the other engine... or simply start creating the next game while waiting for a faster GS-Version.

Until now i have never read any answers related to the engine-speed... i think mostly because no one knows how much performance you will be able to add at the end... i am a little disappointed that the last update have had no sped-improvments and while i am sure that you are very much interested in making the engine faster, i would like to know at which point in a "beta-development" you start to improve the overall-performance...

Is speed-improvement something that grows time by time, or something you have planned for the next update?
Or is it simply something that will be added at the end of the beta-development??

I really would like to create my games with GS... but while there is no timeframe for 1.0 and noone has ever officially said that the performance will get faster, i am little unsure...

Please give me a little Hint, Tip, Hope(?), Cakes...

ty

SDMG