Chage Collision Shape

7thSkull7thSkull Member Posts: 10
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
hello all

so i try to change the collisionshap for my player, to the shape of a nonvisible actor.
i make a scene att and named collision shape, but i dont know what type it had to be. integrer or boolean or real. any help?

in the actor collision shape i do in a behavior change attribute game.Collision-Shape to self.Physic.CollisionShape.

on the player actor i made also change attribute self.Physic.CollisionShape to game.Collision-Shape.

but what type of Scene Attribute i need?

cheers

michael

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Hi Michael,
    The collision shape can't be changed during game play. It is a drop down in the actor's physics attribute that only has 2 choices.
  • 7thSkull7thSkull Member Posts: 10
    hi codemonkey

thx again for the quick reply...

:( it can't be changed!!!

okay so maybe there is another way to fix my problem.

i have a player, on this i constrain a invisible actor, so this actor follow the player, i name id collision helper. the items and the gamescore are only afectet by this actor. now in one situation the player animation have to change if the collision helper hits an item.
    the animation change if the player collide with the item is no problem. but the animation have only to start if the collision helper does hit the item. are them some way to change thew animation over a scene attribute.

so i make a scene attribute game.collision (intreger).

in the player i define a rule that check the game.collision. and when the game.collision are 1 animate.
    in the collision helper i define a rule if overlaps or collide with actor of type item.name change game.collision to game.collision+1.

but now the problem. if the player takes 3 of them followed every time it gives +1 so result 3.
    okay i can do this with a timer, the timer define after 1 second change game.collision to game.collision-1.

and now if i write this i think thats the way it works.
    maybe, what u meen codemonkey?

cheers

michael

but now the problem
  • 7thSkull7thSkull Member Posts: 10
    hello tshirtbooth

thx for u tip!!!

so easy your way...

cheers

michael