another Q about copyrights..

eden111eden111 Member Posts: 25
can i use alcoholic drink's logo? can i take it from the drink's website?

Comments

• SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    no
  • SnowleapordSnowleapord Member Posts: 77
    No that is copletely illegall. Unless you ask the owner's permission.
  • eden111eden111 Member Posts: 25
    can i paint them?
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    no

;)

if you want to be 100% legal you have to create/paint your own not existing drink's logos...
    tnx for the answares... can i atleast use the names of the drinks? its all the point in my program...
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    You'll have to check to see if the names are trademarked. Your best bet is to contact the company directly and see what they say.
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    I just spent some time reading some Terms of Use legal stuff at one clipart company I found that I was going to buy some artwork from to create some buttons and found that their terms of use DOES NOT allow the use of said clip art in any type of software. After reading the same at iStockphoto I think it is the same for them as well. I have sent them an email for clarification and will let everyone know the answer I get back from them.

No one wants to get caught in some crazy copyright battle and nor should we be using other people's work without permission so we have to be careful.

Just wanted to share that with everyone. By the way I am not a lawyer so who knows if I read the dang thing correctly or not :-)

Greg
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    Ah. That makes sense. Gosh I found 2 PERFECT buttons I wanted to use arghhhhhh :-) oh well. I might be able to make them myself or have a friend draw them for me.

I am so GLAD I took the time to read that 'Terms of Use' page!

Greg
    thanks for al the answares you are great!
    i have another 2 q :

1. i sow smell pic in istock for 1$, if i buy it can i use it in my program?
    2. can i choose a picture in google and paint it from 0?
    thanks for the answares!

about the google picture: i dont just change the color or stuff, i paint it from the beginning.
    can i do it? ( paint it from white paper)
    thanks for the answare:)

than ill have to paint it similar or take a picture with my camera.... ouch i see 20000 hours of work...