videos?

eboyeboy Member Posts: 239
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
It sure would help if there could be a tutorial video on a project from start the finish. The current video skips a lot of steps. If there was an advanced project tutorial, I think it would be wonderbar.

Comments

• JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Not quite related to your question eboy but it gave me an idea, that we should have the ability to be able to play videos in a scene, so that any story based games and others (any really) can benefit.
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    I also agree with eboy about more video tutorials. The tutorials are pretty lacking for GameSalad and although it is pretty easy to make something fast I feel I am still short on understanding a lot of things about GameSalad. It would be nice if there was a true video tutorial that does go from start to finish.

Just my 2 cents.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Hi gregr209,
    Besides video, is there something more that you would like in the how to's and documentation to be more helpful in learning GameSalad?

http://gamesalad.com/wiki/how_tos
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/reference_library
    I think just something that goes from a full start to finish. Something that pulls the how to's and the reference together to show all aspects of GameSalad. I just don't feel I have a full understanding of everything. That includes audio as well. I do realize that an overall comprehensive tutorial would be a bit much :-)

The stuff Mr. T has done (his how to's) have been great. And I think we all appreciate them (I know I do!).

There was a great video that someone had that was taken at a conference showing a labyrinth type game. That was a pretty cool video and showed how to quickly make a game. Maybe something like that with more detail.
    Holy crude Mr. T that was awesome!!!!! Hey you should do a GameSalad podcast that talks about various GameSalad things and making games etc...maybe interview some of the creators of games that are active in this forum (like they interviewed the creator of Z is for Zombie in the blog), and talk about your experience in creating and selling an iPhone app. I know I would be interested in listening to such a show! Plus you could give tips and trick highlights as well. You have a good voice for a podcast.

Anyway...just and idea :-) and as always thanks for being so HELPFUL on this forum!!!

Greg
  • Fafnir312Fafnir312 Member Posts: 161
    Nice tutorials tshirtbooth. My only complaint is that the audio is in only one channel.
    AWESOME! The stuff you are doing in the last tutorial is exactly the detail we need :-) I had NO clue about the layers stuff. Never crossed my mind. Love the tips as well.

Okay...don't stop...keep going :-) Who said you could go to bed yet? :-)

Thanks again and seriously think about that podcast idea!

Greg
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    WOW! i think thats exactly what all the "visual"-thinking people have missed!

Very good tshirtbooth! very nice!
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    That certainly is a useful resource Mr. T - keep at it!

QS :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Hey TShirtbooth,

What program are you using to make the videos?

Greg
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    Great work, keep it up!
  • stanimationstanimation Member Posts: 406
    Nice job Mr T. Thanks.
  • nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    videooss, thats great.
    no more excuses for not knowing how gamesalad works
    keep it up tshirt
    The last video was awesome. I learn a lot from it. Especially about the visible attribute! That will save me some cycles :-)

Greg
  • eboyeboy Member Posts: 239
    GREAT!!! More, much more please!!!!! It would be great for an entire project to be created from start to finish. Thanks for those to made the videos...You are really going to help make GS great!!
  • tvgrafxtvgrafx Member Posts: 30
    tshirtbooth,

These videos are gold!
    If you have a pay pal donate button send me a link. I'd like to send some cash your way:)
  • eboyeboy Member Posts: 239
    You are the best! Thank you!!
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Nice work!

I would second the podcast idea.
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Nice videos:) keep up the good work can't wait to see what comes next

Cheers, Weswog
  • SpacefaceSpaceface Member Posts: 15
    Wow this is great tshirtbooth I'm learning a lot here.

1) Could you make a video on how to create a health bar?
    2) How to make your actor collect items and add to a score?
    3) How to create game checkpoints?
    4) How to create a scrolling background?

Keep em coming!
  • eliehangeliehang Member, PRO Posts: 105
    omg!! thank you! tshirtbooth! this is great stuff! can you make one with a basic jump?!