Angry Birds knocked out from #1 Spot, "Cut the Rope" #1

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cut-the-rope/id380293530?mt=8

I can honestly say, this is one of my favorite iphone games yet, it's so addictive, and love the physics aspects! Very refreshing game!

Comments

• chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Told you guys, Nothing can stay at the top forever. (Not aimed at you two, mostly at some of the younger members).
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Yeah I absolutely adore this game, it's my favorite iphone game to date :)
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    Wow, what amazes me is that it was only released on the 5th october!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Its a great game but too easy. I beat most levels on 1or2 tries with 3 stars. Took a few hours to beat the whole game with 3 stars on everything
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    it's a pain in the a$$ as its right above my Dragon Fire in the 'release date' listings...

talk about timing...
    debugdesign said:
    it's a pain in the a$$ as its right above my Dragon Fire in the 'release date' listings...

talk about timing...

ugh, not good timing at all! How did your Dragon Fire game do? Wait until the weekend, sales might get better :)

edit: You need more reviews on your app Ian, for all those peeps that got graphics from Ian, I think you could drop a review for him!
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    BEST.GAME.EVER. Defenitely deserves the #1 spot! This game is so inspiring!
    It's now featured in N&N, so instead of getting 10,000 downloads a day, it will get more :) *I think I just threw up in my mouth* :)
    tshirtbooth said:
    Great game, no lite version and 0.99 cents

I think this will be mini cannons path also

Great game, and one word: Chillingo :)
  • TymeMasterTymeMaster Member Posts: 527
    Chillingo is the reason why its up there, you sir are correct.
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    artonskyblue said:
    BEST.GAME.EVER. Defenitely deserves the #1 spot! This game is so inspiring!

"BEST.GAME.EVER"

Uhm, no.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    ORBZ said:
    "BEST.GAME.EVER"

Uhm, no.

From all of the games that i've played on my device, its the best. Can i not have an opinion? :( And anyways, its one of the few that actually beat angry birds in a while
    Lol, ya, you are entitled to your opinion. I was just thinking that when you said "EVER" games like Super Mario Bros and Zelda popped into my head. Not to mention DOOM or Final Fantasy. So, while "Cut the Rope" is cute, and I do enjoy it very much, I can't really say it's the best game ever I'm really curious to see what Epic is planning. :)

And yes, I'm glad to see that someone's marketing department was good enough to beat out Angry Birds. It kinda bums me out though that the games that are in the #1 spot are there due to great marketing and not due to great concepts. So-so at best. Angry birds is just Worms, only not as good, cut-the-rope is unique, but reminds me a lot of any physics puzzler.

I wonder how much of the #1 position is due to marketing vs. actual game development innovation.

Or am I just way skewed in my perception of what a great game is? I guess growing up on nintendo and playstation skewed my perspective a little bit on what a "great" game is.

I'm hardcore I suppose, casual is weird to me.

Although, I do find myself really liking the game Stoneship... lol, so simple, go figure :P
    @Orbz: Now when you compare "Cut the rope" to giants like Nintendo with Super Mario Bros, and Zelda, well, they make most iphone games look like those mini keychain, black and white handheld games you'd buy at Walgreen's :) lol

But all in all, I think "Cut the Rope" for an iphone game, is very well made, and definitely in my top 5 list (excluding iphone ports like final fantasy, sonic etc) :)
    @butterbean

Absolutely, cut-the-rope is great. But, for me, it's not the best game ever. not even close.

Funny though, I don't see any of the major studios on the top10 list of iphone games. How odd.

I have a feeling though that Epic's Citadel is going to be HUGE.
    ORBZ said:
    @butterbean

Absolutely, cut-the-rope is great. But, for me, it's not the best game ever. not even close.

Funny though, I don't see any of the major studios on the top10 list of iphone games. How odd.

I have a feeling though that Epic's Citadel is going to be HUGE.

Oh yea, I downloaded the demo for that, and it's breathtaking :) I think Citadel will be a hit for sure :)

Chillingo is great at marketing their games. :)