PAYPAL

7thSkull7thSkull Member Posts: 10
edited November -1 in Tech Support
hello

my question is, why i have to link a debit card to my pay pal account to buy a express mebership. my pay pal amount are enough to pay the 99$.
i dont have a credit card...

so i can't get a mebership?

cheers

michael

Comments

• TheTTheT Member Posts: 80
    Yeah, have exactly the same problem. Especially put money on my account to pay, but it doesn't seem to work without card. Isn't there just a Game Salad PayPal Account why can transfer the money to ?
    Can we have a reply on this ? I mean you guys want to make money, don't you ? ;D
    alright, seems like they don't need money ;)
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Hey, we need weekends too you know! I don't know anything about the payment system but I'll check around on Monday.
    any answers ?
    But it ain't your answer I'm looking for. And it's clearly a problem with gendai, not paypal if I'm going to purchase for 99 dollar and they want to link your card which only occurs when dealing with sums above 1500 us, they most likely set the pro license as a standard transfer sum, instead of the 99 express. But it ain't your buisness, so don't worry, I already contacted them.
    Hey, I didn't mend to be "rood", but I just wanted an answer from one official entity, and as you said by yourself, you replied already in this post and you really don't need to care for every forum post. I think this is now done.
    I'm sorry, but as I already said, I was looking for an official statement, and you just posted again what you already said and in a manner like like you were to know better than they do and the discussion should be over with it, and to me this was a bit too arrogant. Nonetheless, I due appreciate your help, but can we now just stop messing around about this no-point thing ?

PS: Reoccuring ? Do they automatically charge you with 99 each year without even asking you if you agree ? That's not the way Apple does it, or is it ?
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Tshirtbooth is correct. Our membership programs are yearly subscriptions, therefore Paypal requires a credit card to process. If you like, you can always cancel the renewal through Paypal after you subscribe.
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    Is Paypal your only option to pay. You can't pay with a credit card?
    OK, it's 9pm on a Friday night and I'm ready to purchase Gamesalad, but I can't. The only method of payment is thru Paypal. I try to use my credit card to sign up with Paypal, and it says I can't because I already have an account with Paypal using this credit card. Which I don't. I'm ready to purchase, but your not ready to sale.

Don't tell me this is a Paypal problem...I'm not trying to buy this from Paypal. You really shouldn't force people to use Paypal.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    we'll, the problem you're running into is a paypal problem, you should contact them, because that message would be a flag to me that someone else was using my credit card.

that problem aside, GameSalad has chosen to use paypal to process their payments, so you are stuck using PayPal. I know people have a lot of problem using paypal, but the fact is it's the most used method online to send and receive payments. It's a lot more convenient than setting up your own accounting department.

I do think it would be beneficial to maybe use Google Checkout in the future for those people who have a problem with paypal.

But look into paypal if your credit card is already associated with an account and you dont have one. Thats not good.
    I checked with Paypal. It's associated with my Paypal business account. Which means I have to transfer money into my Paypal business account. This takes 3-5 days. The same amount of time that it takes to setup a new Paypal account. Not very user friendly.

I know a lot about Paypal. If setup websites that use Paypal. I've even written interfaces to Paypal for credit cards. This is why I know Gamesalad can setup credit cards to go directly into their Paypal account.

I was wanting to work on Gamesalad this weekend. I guess I will look more at the Adobe Flash developer kit this weekend.