Interesting Article about Corona vs. Gamesalad Development

Comments

• EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Very interesting! I've been trying to download Corona Game edition, but the website is down. Not a good first impression lol

From the sounds of it, If you're going to learn one, Unity is the way to go.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    @butterbean it is a great little game...very smooth

@Eastbound downloaded ok 1/2 hour ago probably very heavy load
  • nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    dang. what to do.
    corona or unity?

guess ill have to try both of them to see what works better with me.
  • netdzynrnetdzynr Member Posts: 296
    This probably doesn't apply to many of you, but for those located in the SF Bay Area, there's a small Corona meetup this Friday in Palo Alto.
    http://www.meetup.com/Corona-SDK-Group/calendar/14641701/

I'll be there. :-)
  • daverennerdaverenner Member Posts: 133
    I've only used GS for about 6 months. A month or so ago i was looking for a replacement. GS is too buggy, bad mem leaks, slow loading. I tried unity, and couldn't get the hang of it. I tried Corona Game Edition, and picked Lua up pretty quickly (although i have a background in VB, and PHP). I decided to stick with GS and wait for updates, or until my license runs out, then pick up Corona. But now, if i'm forced to publish under their name plus give them a % of money plus pay to compile plus still deal with a buggy mem leaking glitching program i'm going to switch to Corona when my license is up for sure!
  • TymeMasterTymeMaster Member Posts: 527
    Unity pisses all over Corona
  • daverennerdaverenner Member Posts: 133
    I didn't say Corona was better, just that Corona fit me better.
  • ToastKittenToastKitten Member Posts: 360
    I honestly think he could have made doodle dash run smoother inside of GameSalad.

I played his original version, and it wasn't as smooth as the most recent version. He had it to where if the device was at all tilted left, the doodle monster would move at a set speed left. So there was only 1 speed for each direction.

Other than the social networking and no GS splash screen, there's not much in this game that GS cannot handle.