"unlimited" scrolling

esosoesoso Member Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to create a scene of undefined length which scrolls until the player dies, as in games like "doodle jump" or "up there" on the iPhone. As in these games I would like to have a certain number of randomly disposed elements along the path.
Right now I am able to create a scene of a given length and have the camera follow my player.
One workaround i thought of is having the scene wrap on itself and make sure that before the player passes again for the same point the corresponding element has been destroyed and created again.
Is there any better method?

Comments

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    in my shoot shoota game, the game can pretty much go unlimited and enemies are randomly spawning until the planet dies. there is no scrolling except for the galaxy background that just wraps around again and again.the scene size is 480x320.
  • esosoesoso Member Posts: 6
    now that I think of it, I might avoid scrolling by having my character move left/right only (fixed vertical position) and make the background elements scroll under it. This should recreate the same exact effect and solve my problem.