good news for people in my position

Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
My apple license recently ran out, but my GS license does not expire until the end of the year. I am in the middle of making a game, but currently did not have the ability to test it on my iPhone due to the expired apple license. This is actually good news for me. I can now just work on my game until an update and then test on my phone for free. Then pay for the apple license down the road and release it under my original GS subscription.

Id like to point out that hopefully going this method will generate the $350 needed to switch to Corona, at which point I can drop this -------- and begin somewhere fresh. In theory GS would be the ones paying for me to leave (which is the beautiful part).

I probably will plan to use GS once I transfer to Corona, but it will be strictly to take advantage of their "free" game making ability and just test out theories for games and once I get the logic down for a game and see that it functions properly I will just transfer all the rules into Corona to publish it (much like the article about the doodle dash guy).

Thanks GS team for the free tools you will be giving me and not receiving any money from me

<3 Player_E

Comments

• DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    Watch your language! BTW what is the point in this thread? I think this is what a lot of people will do sadly. Goodluck on your travels.

Cheers
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    If you don't renew your Apple license immediately, your apps get pulled off the store.
    PossesiveGaming said:
    Watch your language! BTW what is the point in this thread? I think this is what a lot of people will do sadly. Goodluck on your travels.

Cheers

Language is a mean to express oneself. GTFO
  • iPhoneDevForMeiPhoneDevForMe Member Posts: 362
    If you happen to have a .edu email (student) it is only $50 for the entire SDK including the game edition. I just got it 2 days ago!
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    Well, this is a family-friendly site, or at least it was. Just try not to curse or swear, you can still make a valid point without one.
  • SnowSnow Member Posts: 124
    That is a slap in the face (for Gendai). Use GS for testing and then transfer the logic over. Still, atm, I prefer to use GS. I hope Gendai smartens up.
  • Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604
    sorry didn't think that 1 "curse" word would offend people. I mean pg13 films are aloud to drop the F bomb once, give me a break.

@iphoneDevforME
    I did not know that and that is actually awesome I'll look into that so I can get my apple license back for the $50. thanks for posting that!
    Player_E said:
    sorry didn't think that 1 "curse" word would offend people. I mean pg13 films are aloud to drop the F bomb once, give me a break.

@iphoneDevforME
    I did not know that and that is actually awesome I'll look into that so I can get my apple license back for the $50. thanks for posting that!

iphoneDevforMe was talking about Corona.
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Is Corona still offering that? I was under the impression that was over. If so, please link me? :)

@Snow - You mean a slap in the face like someone not telling you devastating news for a month? Or more like trying to make you surrender your own NAME? >.<' I don't think anyone here owes Gendai the courtesy of protecting their feelings; they didn't do that for us, now did they?
    peachpellen said:
    Is Corona still offering that? I was under the impression that was over. If so, please link me? :)

If you have a .edu email address you can get it for $50
    Do you have a link to that? I couldn't see it on their website.

I'm not a student, but I can get a .edu email easily enough - so the link would be really useful if you had it. :)
    peachpellen said:
    Do you have a link to that? I couldn't see it on their website.

I'm not a student, but I can get a .edu email easily enough - so the link would be really useful if you had it. :)

I dont have any info on it. I was just going off of what iphonedevforme said.

Also, if you can get me access to a .edu email that would be great. Any information would be helpful. :D

mygsusername(at) yahoo (.) com
    If Corona is offering that and we can get a link (as their site shows no info that I can find) then I'll have a word with someone about the .edus :)
    peachpellen said:
    If Corona is offering that and we can get a link (as their site shows no info that I can find) then I'll have a word with someone about the .edus :)

Thanks Peach!
  • iPhoneDevForMeiPhoneDevForMe Member Posts: 362
    I posted on their forum and one of the creaters responded a few min later telling me that when they moved to the new website look, some links were lost and they were working on it. He also provided me with a working link.

I'll post the link as soon as I get home from work. You have to have an acount with the .edu email so you should go ahead and create a user account and use the .edu email so it will speed the process up.
    iPhoneDevForMe said:
    I posted on their forum and one of the creaters responded a few min later telling me that when they moved to the new website look, some links were lost and they were working on it. He also provided me with a working link.

I'll post the link as soon as I get home from work. You have to have an acount with the .edu email so you should go ahead and create a user account and use the .edu email so it will speed the process up.

Thanks!
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    The link is still live, thanks to Google.

https://developer.anscamobile.com/products/get-corona-educational

You do need an .EDU email address to purchase.

That being said, I'm closing this thread, as it's gotten off tangent, and we already know where this is leading. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.