Is there a minimum KBPS for AAC audio?

GS_Test01GS_Test01 Member Posts: 26
I built a game with AAC audio at 256kbps (I used iTunes to create the AAC files) and the audio plays great through the game. I want to reduce the foot print of the audio files and have re-encoded the files at 80kbps using iTunes. When I import the new, smaller files there is no audio. The audio files work just fine as I can play them through QuickTime and WinAmp. Is there a minimum file compression for audio in GameSalad?

Comments

• GS_Test01GS_Test01 Member Posts: 26
    Yeh, I was going to start using 44 as the files are tiny, but the sound is still really good. Do you think it is simply a case of "rebooting" the Mac?
  • GS_Test01GS_Test01 Member Posts: 26
    Where can I download MAX?
  • matthewadavidmatthewadavid Member Posts: 26
    Is this the site? http://sbooth.org/Max/
  • CobraCobra Member Posts: 160
    I'm a musician myself, so take this with a grain of salt, but... if you're finding 44kbps files to sound just as good as 256kbps files, I strongly recommend new headphones. ;)

Have you tried picking a power-of-2 bitrate, e.g. 32 or 64?
    LOL!! I was using 256, but the file size for the app is about 107Mb. A bit large :)

And, yes, I do need new head pones. The Power of 2 bitrate is a great idea.
  • CobraCobra Member Posts: 160
    Holy megabytes Batman! How long is this sound file?
    It's not just one song. It is 12 - about 45 minutes. It's a Christmas/Holiday thing where you can press buttons and hear instrumental traditional carols.