GameSalad on TouchArcade

DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
So, now the whole world knows it:
http://toucharcade.com/2010/10/18/gamesalad/

Comments

• expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Some parts of the article aren't true

They said that you will not be able to update your games, or give away promo codes, but GS clearly told us that you will be able to do both of those things

I'm really surprised TA made an article about it though
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    This can only help make Gendai reconsider the terms.

Let's hope anyways!
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    You wont be able to update after your subscription ends, unless you switch over to GSD:(
  • jweaver911jweaver911 Member Posts: 439
    I posted this an hour ago in the already long thread because I didn't think we needed to add to the number of threads... Thought it would be cool to keep adding to the 45+ pages... lol.
  • CapCap Member Posts: 225
    I'm hoping GameSalad will read this. The lack of communication is probably the most annoying thing about the new direction. It's not that I don't like the idea of GS Direct. In fact, I really like it. But I don't like not having the option to go independent if I like.
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    dhondon said:
    You wont be able to update after your subscription ends, unless you switch over to GSD:(

Yeah you're right. I misread that one, I thought they said that you won't be able to update after giving it to gendai through GS direct
  • RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411
    Wow, this thing keeps snowballing. Although, some of the info does appear to be inaccurate, like artonskyblue pointed out. All I can say is lets hope GS shows us that this thing has been blow out of proportion.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    If it's on your account you can always update it....
    It's your apple account.

Just not with a binary made by game salad
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Gah! They used the Max vector video and the game is no longer available! AAAAARGH! Hahaha.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    POLYGAMe said:
    Gah! They used the Max vector video and the game is no longer available! AAAAARGH! Hahaha.

Why did you pull it? I liked Max!
    My Apple Dev account ran out. I am going to release it under GS Direct with a few additions, like the much asked for D-Pad. I'll also throw in an extra level and tighten everything up... it will be more like Max Vector 1.5. LOL. And no, that's not what I'm going to call it ;-)
    POLYGAMe said:
    My Apple Dev account ran out. I am going to release it under GS Direct with a few additions, like the much asked for D-Pad. I'll also throw in an extra level and tighten everything up... it will be more like Max Vector 1.5. LOL. And no, that's not what I'm going to call it ;-)

Just call it Max Vector GS... done and done!
    Hehe, I have an AMAZING title planned... so incredible it will stop people dead in the street... even people who are driving!
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    ReM said:
    Just call it Max Vector GSD... done and done!

Fixed for ya ;)

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

quantumsheep said:
    Fixed for ya ;)

QS :D

Thanks QS! Now for the final touch... Max Vector GSD: Resistance is Futile.
  • danlbryantdanlbryant Member Posts: 236
    Well, now that the world knows, maybe GS will conciser a change? Maybe they've been bought by Apple for Wednesdays event? prolly not...

Anyway this will stir up even MORE hate towards GS.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    ReM said:
    Thanks QS! Now for the final touch... Max Vector GSD: Resistance is Futile.

/hi5

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    danlbryant said:

Anyway this will stir up even MORE hate towards GS.

That is the saddest part. It looks like not too may people have realize this but this now is everywhere. If anybody was thinking about joining, like some say in the TA article, not any more.
    Poly, you are mad because they used the wrong clip, you should be mad they use your clip at all...
    LordTarantor said:
    That is the saddest part. It looks like not too may people have realize this but this now is everywhere. If anybody was thinking about joining, like some say in the TA article, not any more.
    Poly, you are mad because they used the wrong clip, you should be mad they use your clip at all...

Why be mad? I've just had an email from someone asking how they can get the game... LOL. Guess any publicity IS good publicity. LOL.
    POLYGAMe said:
    Why be mad? I've just had an email from someone asking how they can get the game... LOL. Guess any publicity IS good publicity. LOL.

Yup, GS is sitting back right now enjoying the front page article on TA.
    And I could be enjoying downloads but I don't have the dough to renew my Apple Dev account :( GIMME DIRECT NOW! I NEED TO PUT MAX BACK ON! LOL
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    Well I guess its true... any publicity its good...
    POLYGAMe said:
    Guess any publicity IS good publicity. LOL.

period...

Sometimes people buy things because they want them... But on a deeper level i think more buy out of curiosity.

I guarantee that article helped game salad waaaay more than it hurt.
    POLYGAMe said:
    And I could be enjoying downloads but I don't have the dough to renew my Apple Dev account :( GIMME DIRECT NOW! I NEED TO PUT MAX BACK ON! LOL

I can put it on for you...
    Heck, I'd even consider maybe giving you a small cut since you did all the work :P
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    JamesZeppelin said:
    Heck, I'd even consider maybe giving you a small cut since you did all the work :P

Are you GameSalad direct in disguise?

:-)
    JamesZeppelin said:

LOL
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    some of the comments at TA:

"...No offense but the majority of GameSalad apps suck..."

"...Made with GameSalad" already made me cringe in the past..."

"...Gamesalad already has bad reputation mainly to long loading times..."

"...see that logo come up and automatically think -- oh crap not a game made with Game Salad..."

"...the engine is that low end that even a Game Maker 8 version for iPhone would crush it with closed eyes in less than 3 minutes cause the features suck, the lack of expandability is laughable and the performance can only compete with Flash which runs like trash as well..."

"...we can now filter out all the crap apps by just ignoring one company..."

ouch!

i don't think that this is helpful...
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    SDMG said:

"...Made with GameSalad" already made me cringe in the past..."

"...Gamesalad already has bad reputation mainly to long loading times..."

"...see that logo come up and automatically think -- oh crap not a game made with Game Salad..."

"...the engine is that low end that even a Game Maker 8 version for iPhone would crush it with closed eyes in less than 3 minutes cause the features suck, the lack of expandability is laughable and the performance can only compete with Flash which runs like trash as well..."

"...we can now filter out all the crap apps by just ignoring one company..."

ouch!

Wow, thats not the reputation you want as an publisher.
  • MixelMixel Member Posts: 32
    SDMG said:

ouch!

Most of that stuff is true, but wow.. People shouldn't be so closed minded to think that because something is easy it isn't powerful.. I've seen the same comments aimed at REALBasic and even AMOS and STOS back in the days of the Amiga. There will always be some amazing stuff. But yeah.. It does seriously make me wonder how GS hope to run things under a single account.
  • victorkin11victorkin11 Member Posts: 251
    You only need $99 to change the name gameburge! gamefries gamesushi ....