Fowarding class warning

jault01jault01 Member Posts: 25
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have been successful at building my project in xcode and on my ipod touch, but I get this warning:

warning: receiver 'GameSaladPlayerAppDelegate' is a forward class and corresponding @interface may not exist

My game seems to work fine and when I build on the simulator and on the device I get crashes randomly. I can't figure out if it is related to this message, or not. I was thinking that maybe it is a memory issue, but I don't know what could cause it. I have gone through and cleaned up my project. Anyone have the same issue of a game they are working on just crashing?

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    you don't need to worry about warnings, it's on the xcode side of things, not in your game.
  • jault01jault01 Member Posts: 25
    Okay, but my game still crashes after a while of playing it, and there doesn't seem to be any reason. I don't know if maybe the memory is running out, or if there are too many objects onscreen or what.
  • jault01jault01 Member Posts: 25
    It looks like my game crashes after 30 seconds. I have 6 stages, 2 are set to 30 seconds and they do not crash, 2 are set to 45 and 2 are set to 60 and they all crash around the 30 second mark. Maybe this will help me figure out where the crash is coming.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    When you play it in the application previewer, what's the memory at when it crashes?
  • eric_summerseric_summers Member Posts: 26
    The warning is just a side-effect of the way that GameSalad has their library packaged up. It is not related. I agree with mulcahy, you are probably running out of memory. Check your game size number of objects in your level etc. If you use the viewer application instead, it will give you some statistics about what is going on. You might want to double check your expressions. I'm not sure what GameSalad does if you have a typo or have renamed or deleted attributes. Otherwise, unfortunately, you will have to duplicate your project and to the old split-half search until you find the problem.