Gamesalad!!!! How did you Make This Forum xD!!!!!!

EminemEminem Member Posts: 667
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
I really am desperate to find out how to make a forum exactly like this !!

I have found the exact same style on different websites that GS is using right now on there forums but I have no clue how I should go about making this!

Anyone Brave enough to solve this for me? ;)

Comments

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    First you tell all your users that you're going to mess everything up that they care about then they get real mad and most stop visiting. Third you pretend to communicate!
    Sorry i couldn't help myself! ;)

Anyway there are different forums pre made. I know go daddy offers one. Most sites I think link to a forum server but I've been wrong before
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    This forum uses bbPress. It's not too hard to make a site like this. WordPress and bbPress are like siblings, they can play together.

I don't recommend this forum though. I think vBulletin is more professional and it gives more features to your community. It's hard to customize though. Creating a custom template... and keeping that template updated... can be a technical challenge.

I was offering a service a while back... setting up a WordPress site (with two years of hosting) for like $250. Apparently 15 years of web development skills wasn't enough to attract customers. HA HA... so now I'm busy with the sound effects project.

The links at the bottom of http://photics.com point to my web host and my content management system. If you follow those links, do some reading and research... and get a copy of Artisteer... you should have the basic information and technology for creating a website like mine. If you add bbPress, and get good at customizing themes, that's the technology for creating a website like this.
  • A3MGA3MG Member Posts: 152
    phpBB makes a good forum that I have implemented before for a client. Here is a link http://www.phpbb.com/
  • EminemEminem Member Posts: 667
    Phpbb looks great! But do you know how to implement this in iWeb?
  • EminemEminem Member Posts: 667
    Bumping this becAuse I'm still struggling :(
  • A3MGA3MG Member Posts: 152
    Sorry, Not something you implement within iWeb. You would need to install it on your hosting providers server. Who do you use to host? Lots of hosting providers allow you to install stuff like wordpress, phpBBs and calendars, and other add-ons