Game Maker's future plan is very similar to GS Direct

CaptainChocoCaptainChoco Member, BASIC Posts: 124
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
http://goo.gl/xt2L

Maybe this is a new trend in game-tool business recently.

Comments

• HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    I bought game maker a long time ago.

Time to move on to Game Editor...
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    Did you find Game Editor to be any good? Seemed clunky to me.
  • JackBQuickJackBQuick Member Posts: 524
    After I finished reading this part, I had to read it again to make sure I was reading it correctly:
    I don’t believe in any of this, how do I complain?

Basically, don’t bother.

Some will moan and groan, but please don’t waste everyone’s time with complaints. We’re pretty excited to work with the best talent that wants to use Game Maker to become professional game developers. There are many other ways for talented people to make money in the games industry, but for now this is how we plan to make it work.

Sandy Duncan 27.10.2010

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    And game maker wants 50% after apples cut. WHY BOTHER! GS will probably do the same
  • LAdrianLAdrian Member Posts: 237
    They take 50% :)) can't wait to see the games... who in their right mind would agree with their terms?
  • CaptainChocoCaptainChoco Member, BASIC Posts: 124
    Oh, well... so how's game editor?
    I saw some sceenshots of the tool but got no idea...
    Ah... RPG Maker... my dream tool... I wish it supports iOS...
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    JackBQuick said:
    After I finished reading this part, I had to read it again to make sure I was reading it correctly:

It just keep looking better for Corona.
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    HAHAHA!

"We don’t see performance as an issue you need to worry about... "
    that is cool! - No performance issues! - wow!

"We’re happy to assume all of the commercial risks involved! "
    What are these risks? I spend month on developing a cool game and you buy me a bannerAd?

"Some will moan and groan, but please don’t waste everyone’s time"
    that's for sure ... byebye!
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    50% plus 30% that's 80% these people are out of there minds. I can see they want to make money that's fine but so do I. If that's the case and GS also wants a 50% cut aside from apples 30% then I want my 20% clean tax free money that's the least they can do.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    50%...harsh!
  • JelJel Member Posts: 319
    I'm sorry but if GS want 50% on top of Apple's 30% I'm out.
  • DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    Well so will I eventually after my membership expires. In the meantime I will do my best to release under my company name and only worry about Apples cut.
  • CaptainChocoCaptainChoco Member, BASIC Posts: 124
    Devils said:
    50% plus 30% that's 80% these people are out of there minds. I can see they want to make money that's fine but so do I. If that's the case and GS also wants a 50% cut aside from apples 30% then I want my 20% clean tax free money that's the least they can do.

I think it's not 80%.
    They will took 50% of the left, so after apple's 30%, it's 35%.
    30%(Apple)+35%(YoYo)+35%(Dev)
    But still there portion is so huge...
    You would be getting 35% or 35 cents on the dollar not 50% + 30%. Then taxes from that 35% whatever your rate may be for your area. Game makers users might as well give up and hit corona
  • kiralmhkiralmh Member Posts: 10
    If there is another developer make a software same as game maker or game salad and only sell $99/years and let the user free to publish their app~ I think game maker and game salad will not get any profit, they only get the shxt....=.=
    I think all these companies just want to be bought up by the big boys
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    "Every game YoYo Games publish will be polished by an in-house production team consisting of developers, artists, musicians and games testers. YoYo have set themselves an ambitious target of publishing a game every working day and hope the move will encourage more professional developers."

At least they will be doing some work to justify the 50% (of 70%).
    Still not sure I'd like them to get too involved on that side of things if I was a dev using their software though.
    Also brings up the issue of, if a game needs more work by them, or less work by them, they still take that same cut.

These are not good times to be an indie dev tied into any 3rd party middleware it seems.

Sad.
  • RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411
    If these engines are going to start taking 50% then maybe its time everyone starts charging more than 99 cents for their apps.