Comments

• aalzankiaalzanki Member Posts: 283
    hahaha very nice ;)
    I like the way she's hugging GameSalad

regards,
    aalzanki
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Thanks aalzanki ^-^;

Basseman - while the picture could involve dry dumping that would be the extent of it, as I'm quite sure if the GS logo has junk it would be located at this front, and not his side :P
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Ah, dat's lovely, peachpellen! But why, oh why, did you have to shave all of your hair off to hug the giant inflateable GameSalad logo?

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

I actually had a shaved head - my hair is past my shoulders again now, but I was shaved for almost a year ^-^;

Anyway, that's just how I draw people in things like this. It's got character, and I such at drawing hair ;)
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hair today, gone tomorrow... ! Your character has got character, definitely. :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Thanks, heh.

Lucky for me, it's more "no hair today, grows tomorrow" - if I hadn't kept cutting it for awhile my hair would have been half way down my back (again) by now. Soon though ^-^;
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Now don't get all crazy on us until you know all the details. But it's a nice gesture!
    Heh, don't worry - I'm not.

If you check out the thread about it I made a post saying basically this is great, I loved GS as it was, I'm very happy about this and will continue to use GS in this form - however I also stated I'm continuing on with Corona as overall, if you can code or are willing to learn, it's currently able to produce "better" games. (In terms of functionality and performance, both.)

While GS is likely going to be used for only 30-50% of the games I make in the medium-term, it is GREAT to have the option and better yet that in the end, there were people at GS who came through for us.

Do I think they're trustworthy as a company? No, probably not. I know I'll never be in this situation again though, as I'm no longer reliant on them.

That said though; they've stated;

"GameSalad will be launching a new subscription and membership program that will continue to allow developers to publish under their own Apple developer accounts. Under the new program, there will be no “per app” submission costs and no revenue share."

and

"Next week, we are also launching a new “Professional” tier subscription, replacing the current “Pro” subscription. Further, the current “Express” subscription will also be seeing significant tweaks as well. We are pricing the new subscriptions competitively and users will be given a fast and cost effective way to upgrade from their current subscriptions."

Those are the only details I need to know; yes, GS is buggy with bad load times, an bad rep splash screen and communication is terrible - but my only issue with GS was forcing indies to lose that identity by taking their names, their money and their right to self publish their own creations.

At the end of the day, someone at GS, probably quite a few people DID hear us - even if it took a few weeks. ^-^;
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    peachpellen said:
    I'm continuing on with Corona as overall, if you can code or are willing to learn, it's currently able to produce "better" games. (In terms of functionality and performance, both.)

Yeah, people seem to say this... haven't seen one iota of evidence to back it up, though ;-)
    I have a game that will be done in about a month, the best game I've done yet - it loads for just under 2 seconds on launch and doesn't have any laggy, loady times throughout the rest of the app. (Maybe it will when I add in a bit more content, but it's pretty full as it is.)

It also have OpenFeint and Facebook set up nicely and a prompt to rate it that goes right to the "write a review page" when pressed. (Currently for another app for testing purposes as this app isn't in the store yet, obviously.)

Like it or not, at this stage the difference in load times is HUGE; I'm very happy GS are doing the right thing and I will be using GS as well - but I'll be using Corona, too ^-^;

PS - When my game is out, I'll give you a code. You'll see what I mean ;)