Next Release, the Web Side.

2»

Comments

• FreiGamesFreiGames Member Posts: 158
    tenrdrmer said:
    I'm also in the same boat finally just about wrapped up. Should i go ahead and publish or wait? It's my first game so i don't know. Also when does the apps store close down for the holidays. I would like to know if i even have time to finish up before then.

November 24th.

And OMG I'm glad to know something is "cooking" at GendaiGames studio!
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,069
    For legacy publishing (0.8.9) if there's a demand, I'll get it working, but I doubt it will be there on the day of launch. I'll start up a thread with a pole after launch to see how many people are having problems with the upgrade. Back to the syntax mines...
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    it would be good if 0.8.9 can still work.

the worry we have is for all our existing apps which are in test at this time. If we knew the release date for 0.9.0 or had +95% confidence that it will not break our projects then people could push to get their apps out.

people are finishing/pushing their apps to apple before the Christmas cut-off. while i would love the 0.9.0 update, i don't want it before the cut-off just in case it breaks my projects and miss the closing date.

if the update to 0.9.0 brings the same chaos as people experienced upgrading from 0.7.0, things will not be good for the community. If you have made a lot of internal updates to the code, you should offer people a pre-release download link so we can test and report back our findings.
  • EminemEminem Member Posts: 667
    twisted mech,

i agree this would be a efficient and productive way to do it.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    thanks for the info...

I think any information from the magic yellow head chefs is appreciated by everyone.

If the update screws with peoples games then I'd like it if 0.8.9 worked at least until the new year.