Waiting for Connection...

tvgrafxtvgrafx Member Posts: 30
edited November -1 in Tech Support
So I got the GameSalad Viewer running through the iphone Simulator with the GS icon and the "Waiting for Connection..." text. I want to test my app with my iPhone. Do I go into Setting > Wi-Fi and choose a Network? Or do you connect the device some other way. I've been looking over other threads, but there are no clear directions. I'm in the same boat as this guys thread as far as modem. . http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=697#post-3825

Eager to get my GameSalad on. Can somebody help? I have no idea what I'm doing here:(

Keith

PS I don't know what Multcast enable means and
and under Security> Firewall I do have "Allow all incoming Connections " Checked

Comments

• tvgrafxtvgrafx Member Posts: 30
    Ok, I've got my Wi-Fi network checked in the iPhone settings and up and running. Maybe I'm missing something here. I feel it's right in front of me, but I can't see the light.

In the iPhone Simulator it still says "Waiting for Connections...".
    Do I need to install an app on my iPhone? If so how do I do that? Or does thing work once you have a Wi-Fi connection?

Things That might make a difference. All these are checked off.
    Target "GameSalad Viewer" info (Code Signing section)
    • Setting = Any iPhone OS Device • Value= iPhone Developer

iPhone Simulator 3.0
    Active Configuration Released

Active Target "GameSalad Viewer"

PS I'm still waiting for Apple to send me my activation code. Does this matter?
    I do have an activate membership:)
    Sorry to be a pain, but how do you install the viewer on a phone. Do you go through iTunes? Or is it a drag and drop operation?
    hey there,
    I just got my certificate 10 minutes ago. I followed the directions above and everything went smoooothly, but I still don't know how to put the app on my iPhone. I feel like I'm missing a major step here.

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?
    Man, what a bummer. I wonder if anybody else out there is at the same stopping point? Guess I just keep looking around the forum.
    I just did the Provisioning Profile.
    Dear GameSalad Folks;

I really like your program, but I'm having the hardest time getting this Viewer on my iPhone. Keep in mind, I'm totally new to the iphone Developer process (although I have Flash experience) as well as Apple's Program Portal Section. I've gotten as far as completing the Team, Certificates and Devices section, but fall short on the rest of the stuff and I guess this is where I can't/ don't understand how to get the GameSalad Viewer into my Device (iPhone) to preview my games.

I have followed the Getting start links above, but don't know where to turn next. It's starting to get frustrating.

Regards
    Keith
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Hi tvgrafx,

Once you have everything setup in Xcode properly, it should be as simple as connecting your iPhone, opening the project in Xcode and selecting "Build and Run". That will compile the app and install it on your iPhone.

You can try posting any Xcode errors you receive here and we will try and help. Just remember to build and run in release mode, debug seems to have a bug.

If that's not working for you, I suggest you go through the detailed guides, step by step, over in the iPhone Developer's Portal, where you created your certificates and provisioning profiles.
    They are very detailed and really is the best place to start.

Jon
    Thank you guys. I really do appreciate the help. I've gotta be doing something odd on my end. Will take a nice long nap and return with a fresh start. :)
    Success. I've got it working after restarting the computer and changing or rather typing with typo free errors into the plist file my app name. I guess that's why I'm not a coder. LOL

http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:preparing_for_build:development

It was cool to see the GS logo pop up on my iPhone and selecting the preview icon.
    Now it's time to rock!