Still Crashing

gavtheliongavthelion Member Posts: 31
edited November -1 in Tech Support
GS VIEWER Crash again and again. This is seriously bugging me. simple game, 6 scenes 3 title screens, 3 which are same level game screens. level 1. I have 20 tanks (32 x 32) moving slowly left to right, turret (32x32) firing bullets (4x4) on right hand side, destroying tanks (explosion 64x64 x 4 frames). On screen controls are 1 fire button (64x64) and 2 left/right buttons both (64x64). Game crashes always on 24.6mb of memory used in GS viewer using ipod touch 2g. in beginning of level 2.

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    two things to try:

check every single actor in level2, check to see if any have been changed from the prototype. I had a level that kept crashing and I traced it back to an actor I had modified from the prototype that had an empty rule, I had deleted the original attribute. That crashed every time.

You could also try just duplicating the level 1 scene from the gamesalad application and getting rid of your original level2. If I remember correctly, the difference between levels was just how much time you had in each one right?
  • gavtheliongavthelion Member Posts: 31
    Thank you both for the responses. Yes I have upgraded to 6.0 and GS viewer 6 (last week) GS seems more flakey than before - I made an xcode of the game I was talking about and it runs longer - anywhere between 2 levels upto six levels before crashing - please note it still crashes. Reseting the levels seems like a good idea with one that works ok.

Moan coming up ............

Guys I getting worried - wheres the value in GS Pro membership - no GS logo whoopie do. (Theres more bugs that I do report) GS will not handle spawns and deletions without crashing and most of my games need this. I spend 80% of my time trying to create the simplist game following the power of 2 etc. worring is it going to work instead of creating/having fun - GS is not fun anymore! - GS viewer has a mind of it's own, my games crash on 15mb used or 24mb etc. I can not determine where the problems lie. I have never had the confidence to release anything as all games crash far to soon even after the upgrade. So. ?????

I may give up completely and ask for a refund. : (