Timer and spawning actors

WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
edited November -1 in Tech Support
How would you keep the spawning of actors not even with each other and don't always have the same time each time spawned? So kind of random spawning except it has to stay within the spawn actor.EDIT:I also don't want it to spawn to fast.

Cheers, Weswog

Comments

• JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Create a timer in your spawner.

In the timer -
    Every (1,5) - (This is the random function. This case it will spawn every 1-5 secs. Replace this with any numbers.)

Spawn actor
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    How would you type it when I go in the expression editor and type 1,5 it spawns because when I type that it spawns every 1 seconds alot and when I type (1,5) it crashes my game.
    EDIT: Is it affected by unlocking an actor and double clicking it?

Cheers, Weswog:)
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Double clicking an actor changes only that instance not base actor. You can click a button to change the base actor if you do it that way.

When you open the expression editor there is a drop down box. Click on that & you see the random function. Click that & then input your numbers in there. Try doing it this way instead of just typing it. Not sure why it would crash for you. I've used the expression editor in this way a lot.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I think I see your mistake, instead of just typing in (1,5) you need to put in random(1,5). But first you need to click on the little e to the right of the text box to bring up the expression editor.
    Ok I tried it and it spawns my different actors that spawn the first time all at once.
    So i don't know if i'm missing anything and it spawns the same time each time or I just don't see the difference.
    EDIT: I think I can fix it by putting different min and max for each so it looks random

Cheers, Weswog
    What I want to do now is to have actors spawn other actors but not at the same time. When I have them spawn eventually they spawn all at the same time. Is there any way of fixing it to where they never all spawn at the same time?

Cheers, Weswog