Programmer needed - I barter with 3d graphics

fademasterfademaster Member Posts: 16
Hello everybody. I need to make a simple app. not too simple but indeed possible to be made by one person.
It's all about putting a big image in background. scrolling it and managing from 1 to 6 mask layers (to simulate a torch effect).
I will care about the graphics part of this app

I can barter this programming with 3d and 2d graphics.
http://www.rizzodesign.altervista.org/

Comments

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Beautiful graphics you have done!
    Alas, all the videos are removed on youTube... ;{

you can program yourself with GameSalad... easier to learn than many of those in your Vitae.

we all will help you... just give it a try!

MH
  • fademasterfademaster Member Posts: 16
    I made a "video tutorial" on how to do it. (this linkworks)

All the player (the dungeon master) should do, is loading an image for background and one or more (max 6) images to be used as grids. Now since it's the player who moves all the things. there is no need for the app to "know" what's going on.

just making the squares glow when the "mouse" gets over them should be fine.
    no dice rolling, no automatic things like d&d insider etc, no 3d minatures. just coloured points to mark the players are enough. no animation. Maybe an mp3 player embedded should be fine (if it's lot of work, never mind for the sound)
    Monsters: Dm should place them in the map before all starts (HE makes the sprites, not the app). I suppose giving the app a multilayered image (like photoshop) should be easier for the player. He will need to make a project like the one I showed in the video.

Obstacles: Since it's the dungeon master that makes the maps etc. he should be able to paint obstacles with a colour nobody ever uses in dungeons, like violet.

No automatic rule, dice throwing etc.

What surfacescapes and d&d insider makers don't realize is that DMs make the game, so they very often need to skip rules to make the game funny.
    thanks for the appreciation mothergoose:)
    Important news: I have windows, not mac XD so this is why a need to barter skills instead of doing it myself
    Thanx for that one! ... effect is sorta simple to do...

FireMapleGame's Flashlight Demo

know that isn't as in depth as what you want...but it is a start...

MH
    fademaster said:
    Important news: I have windows, not mac XD so this is why a need to barter skills instead of doing it myself

you need MAC Xcode to upload to the iTunes AppStore...

MH
    Maybe my english is not so good, that's why I didn't get one point: Do I have to do it by myself?
    fademaster said:
    Maybe my english is not so good, that's why I didn't get one point: Do I have to do it by myself?

your English is fine!

yes...you will be able to do it yourself! but you are not alone... we all work to help each other.

see the videos

but you should be using a MAC to use GameSalad...

MH
    Well my purposal is to make an exchange.
    3d modeling is not hard for me (I have zbrus), we can seriously speed up each others' projects.

I guess there a lot of people here that have no time to learn a 3d graphics program. So do I with programming. I hope I'll find a user who finds this barter convenient.
    Enough people contacted me via my website :)
    This topic is closed for me. I'll make a new topic once the things are done :)
    how can I delete this topic?
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    A mod has to do it for you
    Hello I'm back! RPGplane will be out for ipod,iphone and ipad very soon!

http://rpgplane.wordpress.com