So my old express membership means nothing now?

ToastKittenToastKitten Member Posts: 360
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
Except for the fact that I'm pretty much being given a forced discount to upgrade?

Comments

• WhyAreYouHereWhyAreYouHere Member Posts: 45
    Toast, from what i understand it will be good tell it expires. If its not working like it did B4 let them know.

cheers
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Toast: yep, you are screwed. Like everybody else.
    And Tshirt: no, it won't work like before, because with the update everybody gets the splash and jingle. And now that is for free.
    Why would you say that. Your just trying to start trouble again. He is not screwed his package will work like it did tell it expires.
  • ToastKittenToastKitten Member Posts: 360
    Hunnenkoenig said:
    Toast: yep, you are screwed. Like everybody else.

roflmao
    WhyAreYouHere said:
    Toast, from what i understand it will be good tell it expires. If its not working like it did B4 let them know.

cheers

No it wasn't going to expire until August D:
  • footloosefootloose Member Posts: 20
    Toast, nobody's screwed. You get to keep your membership as it is until it expires, or get a super cheap upgrade -- what's so terrible about that? Hunnen, chill out. It's patch day. Go outside.
    Tshirt, I edited above you.
    Read and think.

His express is the same.
    He get additionally iAd, direct linking and a jingle

BUT: everybody gets it, who comes here today for free.

So his express and his 99 dollars is worth nothing.

Get it?

Oh, and if telling the truth is equal to looking for trouble, then yes. I am here to look for trouble, because I just paid 99 dolalrs for having the right for that.
    YOu know what, im sorry you are right. I didnt look at it that way. I was thinking pro and no splash screen.
    So i am sorry you are right.

However you do get pro for 99 bucks thats 1 good thing right?
    Yes, that is absolutely wonderfull. That's why I upgraded without thinking.

Don't think, I am a mindless ahole, who just hates GS.

I just can't stand, if they think, I am stupid. If they do something good, I tell it. If they do something wrong, I tell it.

If I get rude, is just because they seem not to care, because since hours no post from any official here. And this is not the exception.
    Ya i think they will post when there done fixing everything. I hatted with someone there for like 3 seconds and they could not talk because there getting everything working.

Also im sure there reading everything so they know what to address in there post.
  • TechnoDaveTechnoDave Member Posts: 103
    WhyAreYouHere said:
    Why would you say that. Your just trying to start trouble again. He is not screwed his package will work like it did tell it expires.

WhyAreYouHere Aka TShirtBooth, what's the deal man why wont you let people say how they feel. You are doing a lot of telling people to stop making trouble. Last I checked this was a free speak forum. You are starting to look more and more like you are in GameSalad's pocket. Just let people speak what they feel. Maybe that NDA/special treatment/benefits you got going on with Gamesalad is starting to change you?
  • azimpactazimpact Member Posts: 112
    "However you do get pro for 99 bucks thats 1 good thing right?"

If you don't mind the splash screen then it is a good deal. If you do mind, you are better off learning one of the other options out there that let you publish without a forced splash screen. They of course, have a much steeper learning curve.

If you are serious about game development, then you should probably be looking at options that don't tie you to a company that once they go out of business, you are screwed if you have to do updates to existing apps.

I liked GS for the ease at which you could make games and not take the time to learn something like corona. Although, now based on what I'm seeing I'm not too sure GS will be around in a few years so maybe it's best to bite the bullet and just learn Lua.
  • netdzynrnetdzynr Member Posts: 296
    If you guys look at the text of the publishing agreement (I know it's long and boring), it says the following at the end, which basically means you have the right to your existing publishing options until the end of your current subscription:

27. Legacy User Rights and Migration to New Terms of Use
    If you have a current annual subscription to GameSalad’s Services and Software which you purchased before the effective date of these Terms, then you may continue to use the Services and Software for the remainder of your current paid subscription term pursuant to the terms of service in effect immediately before the effective date of these Terms, including the right to continue distributing Executable Packages. When your current paid subscription for the Services and Software expire, you will no longer be able to use the Services and Software for any purpose except pursuant to these Terms.