Help! I can only spawn ONE bullet - 2nd one causes crash

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I can't figure it out. I have a simple rule that says when X key is down spawn bullet. In the bullet behaviors I have tried a velocity, a move, and an accelerate behavior and same thing for all. The first time I hit the X key it spawns a bullet and everything acts as expected. The second time I hit the X key on the keyboard the game crashes.

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Do you have a rule in there that says to destroy the bullet after so many seconds?

I had this problem with my spell casting, and I had to create a left spell rule and a right spell rule with a different actor for the spell facing left, and different actor for spell facing right, otherwise when she was facing left, and tried to cast the same actor, it would crash
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I was hoping to avoid this. my game is an immune system game. the bullets are actually antibodies being shot by white blood cells. So I was hoping that the antibodies would bounce around the scene to show how antibodies stay in the body defending the body from future infections. I have another game in which the main player spawns all kinds of "bullets" and they do all eventually get destroyed but there are often 3 or 4 on the screen at the same time.