Serious crash when previewing new scene

CorellaCorella Member Posts: 37
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi,

I am having recurring problems when playing some new scenes for the first time. For instance if I make a new scene and press the preview button, it plays fine for about two seconds, then the computer completely freezes, mouse and everything, and requires a full manual reboot.

This does not happen every time, but often enough that I triple save everything before hitting that button. Of course GS does not get any of the bug reports and the computer needs to be fully rebooted and does not seem to keep a record that survives the reboot.

Note that this is not a logic error, as it happens occasionally in a brand new project and everything.

I am using both the latest versions of GS and the GS viewer, on a non-unibody macbook pro running 10.6.2 Snow Leopard.

I did not experience this problem pre- 0.6 if that is any help.

Comments

• CorellaCorella Member Posts: 37
    Yes,

17" MacBook Pro
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    2.33 Ghz
    etc etc

I have no problem running GS normally, just encounter this issue on occasion.
  • CoIinCoIin Member Posts: 197
    Just letting you know that I've had this too, after quite a bit of successful use of GS it started to do a total system freeze, including cursor. The first time it happened was when I was going to test a scene that used accelerometer, that I had already tested on the iPhone, and by mistake I clicked Preview instead of the preview on iPhone button. That gave an instant freeze up, and since then I get the instant freeze even when starting a new project and clicking Preview.

I'll try the remove/reinstall, to see if that improves things.
  • CorellaCorella Member Posts: 37
    Hi,

Unfortunately I have not been able to observe any reduction of this problem after a reinstall, and I still infrequently get a total freeze when previewing a new scene.

What specs are you running on Colin?
    Ok, things are good again. I'll try my best not to click that Preview button again! At least not when doing accelerometer tests.
    Identical machine to yours. With 10.6.2.