Index Attribute

gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Has anything been done with the index attribute yet? I saw a post several months ago and it is considered just like an integer. Is that still true? Any hope of getting an index or array type function in the future? I have a large amount of data I wanna serve up and an array would be perfect for doing it. At least I think it would :-)

Greg

Comments

• SkyLennardSkyLennard Member Posts: 6
    I've got this exact issue right now... I have created a game that spawns characters on a grid - the problem is that I want to basically have my grid spaces numbered and use the random() function to spawn the characters at random places in the grid.

In order to do this, I need to store store existing actor locations (I was expecting to be able to use index, but not apparently yet??), so I know that I'm not trying to spawn new actors 'on top' of existing actors.

I would just 'hard code' in a bunch of boolean attributes, but that's really not the best way to store that kind of information, and I've created the game to have multiple levels where the grid size can change (smaller grid squares == harder level and more actors being spawned), so that doesn't really work unless I create as many attributes as I'd ever have in the hardest level.

Can anyone give me a suggestion for how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

-nate