i see its a common noob question but....

sketchybmxersketchybmxer Member Posts: 10
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
hi,i new to GS & iv been reading up & looking on the tutorials for the little bits and bobs to build a platform shooter (i really wanted to have a good go at it myself before posting) but now iv got to the shooting left right problem...i did manage to copy the bits i needed without the artwork from MoveAndShoot(Demo) manually (to get a better feel for GS).

the left and right actor movement is there...and the HUD buttons are working & lighting up too,but im not getting bullets! iv gone wrong somewhere because if i go (game>inspector>attributes>actor tags) and tick fire,faceleft/right it does shoot automatically?
...iv been going over it for hours now and trying tweak stuff but im failing badly!

if anyone can help despite my vagueness,or tell me how the copy the demos commands without the artwork (or atleast turn the artwork off) id be grateful.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• sketchybmxersketchybmxer Member Posts: 10
    i did also try directly copying it over and deleting the animation bits,but i couldnt get rid of the no image picture.
  • CorellaCorella Member Posts: 37
    Make sure you deleted all the extra stuff in the "Otherwise" tab... at the bottom of each rule.. very easy to miss stuff in there when you copy and paste
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    Yes in some of the demo projects there are things in the "otherwise" tab. I have fallen victim to this several times :-)

Greg
    no its definitely not that....i did do the same thing too and corrected that problem with all actors involved.
    i decided to try a different approach now.. i took the demos fire rule and dragged it over & replaced my actors rule as i assume im at fault somewhere rather than the software,but this just makes the scene window go blank!?

lucky i didnt save it this time,so heres the problem:

if i use the demo as a guide and manually copy rules,it moves but doesn't fire

if i directly drag and drop actor rules to my actor the scene window goes blank!

and if i delete my actor & copy the demo actor ,i get the no image box picture on the actor and it doesnt move or fire.

if i delete the animation boxes before hand i get the same problem...

im at a bit of a loss now,the only other option i can think of is to completely delete all the bits of the demo i dont need and just use that :|