Starting a clothing(T-Shirt) Company for teenagers

ShpintShpint Member Posts: 404
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
Hey guys,
My sister and I want to start out own clothing company. Basically an online one with screen printing and such. We've got everything thought out except for one thing.
Yes, you are correct if you guess the Company NAME!!
Naming something is so hard!! I want it to sound catchy and match out design style.
It is going to be funny and crazy style. We are focusing on teenagers and the younger people. We might as well include some lines of joke and internet slangs on our T-Shirt e.g. OMG, LOL and many more.

Any name you can suggest? Oh one more thing, we want the letter W and I in it, preferably connected WI (I not L)
Thank You so much

P.S. This is not related to Tshirtbooth :)

Comments

• ShpintShpint Member Posts: 404
    ARG!!!!! you made my day :), but honestly I did not know you sell Tshirt. I put the PS because your username is tshirtbooth and thought ppl would say you can help me out :P

Anyway, is it legal to sell tshirt like yours? I see many of your shirts with star wars character, apple, atari, paramount?

Any suggestions on names?
  • bushidogamesbushidogames Member Posts: 23
    y must it have a w and i if may ask??
    it's not a must, but I just want them. They are the initials for two of the most important people in my life.
  • SylonSylon Member Posts: 31
    "Wear It" or "Wore It"

?
  • bushidogamesbushidogames Member Posts: 23
    you could try like wronin orwright shirts ??
    Wear It! does sounds really cool, but sadly the Domain name wearit.com and woreit.com are taken TT_TT
    What do you guy think of MyWoids? or what do you think of the word Void?
  • StormtrixStormtrix Member Posts: 256
    Void sounds negative to me, not sure you'd want that in a company name..
    How about --

wickedshirts.com (squatted name maybe available soon?)
    thewickedshirts.com
    wicked-shirts.com
    shizotshirts.com (shizot slang for cool :) found a website called onlineslangdictionary.com
    Thanks Stormtrix, I like the word wicked (why didn't think of that??)
    However, I don't want to include the word shirt because I might not only sell shirt, and I am planning on opening an actual store in a mall near me.
    hmmmm how does OddlyWicked.com sound? What noun that start with an S or M should I add at the end of it? (OddlyWicked[noun]) That's not !@#$% or Shirt
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    I was just looking up free domain names and weirdlywicked.com is free - might not be your sort of thing but in the past I've found that when both words in the domain start with the same letter people are more likely to remember the name.

Anyway, just throwing that out there :)

Good luck with it all, I've often wanted to start a T shirt site, I used to have a friend who ran one - however it seems impossible to find decent printing places, particularly in Australia. ^-^;
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    hi Shpint,
    finding the domain that will go with what ever name you choose is very tricky!
    Maybe it would be better to go to your host or future host and start a search but! don't do it until you are ready to buy the name!
    I recently bought playat3.com and was AMAZED that it was stil available! But as I said, if you find that name you want, snap it up as fast as you can! It costs you anywhere from $4.99 to about 9.99 depending on which host you chose?
    Last, when you start searching, you will find names that are still available so do yourself a favour and paste them into a word processor so that you can make the final decision based on what's available!

Good luck and if my games become a huge success, I will get 1000's of T Shirts from tshirtbooth for a good deal ;)
    Before I forget, these days, it pays to buy additional names so that no one can cash in on picking something close to what you will get! Trust me, tons of ppl go to gamil.com every day because they've typed gmail wrong ;)
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    Shpint said:

Anyway, is it legal to sell tshirt like yours? I see many of your shirts with star wars character, apple, atari, paramount?

Just the first page ones that seem a little ..... unofficial. I would assume it to be illegal, they certainly don't look to be designs that were approved by lucasfilm, atari, or apple. However, it is a calculated risk as to whether you think those companies will go after a small tshirt company or not. But as far as the law goes you can't reproduce trademarked images without license and certainly not sell them.
    Thank you everyone. I wanted to use OddlyWicked, but someone is using that as their twitter name; so I want to add a noun to it. sadly, English is not my native language and I do not have that many words in my head.
    What would be a good noun that would describe a teenager clothing store, mainly shirt (but please not the word shirt), maybe somethjngni could actually open a real shop in a mall using that name.

I'm also typing this on my iPhone so please ignore all the commas and cases mistakes

Thanks in advance
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    i wonder if you just could use "many words in my head"? the domain is still available and would make sense for a t-shirt com?
    go here for conducting extended searches so that you can find out quickly if something is taken or not:
    http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp
  • Twoids.com (Pronounced "T-Woids")

Pretty good brand name for t-shirts wit "woids" on 'em
    also rhymes with "Droids" if ya prefer...
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Or WIT. WI Teashirts... you know teashirts with witty slogans on them....

Just had a thought; I'm guessing your company is in America? Only, in the UK, WI stands for Women's Institute.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps