blank project window

CoIinCoIin Member Posts: 197
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I was working on a test, and suddenly the whole project window was blank. Still blank after relaunching. I can start a new project and the new window is not blank. I can test in a browser, on my iPhone, and publish to GameSalad, and all that works fine. I just can't see anything in the project window.

The tools all show along the top, but the body of the window, the +- and Project Size parts at the bottom, are all blank.

The file is here:

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/28087

BTW, how do you download the project? When I try that I just get a new Safari window with the game file playing in it.

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    You can download it from inside GameSalad Creator. From the web just right click (Option+Click) the download project button and save the linked file.
  • CoIinCoIin Member Posts: 197
    Option click on the download project button just gives me a dot game file and not a dot gameproj file.
    From another post I found out that to get the actual project you have to rename the game file as a zip, then decompress that to get the gameproj file.

I did that with my http://gamesalad.com/game/play/28087 game, and the project window is still blank. So whatever is wrong with the file is still there, in case it's something that is worth fixing.
    Exactly! Now, don't worry about this project, I can now recreate the entire thing in about a minute. I'm just pointing it out in case it's a clue to a real problem.

Thanks for checking, and btw, the info on getting the gameproj file came from one of your posts!

Incidentally, is there a roadmap anywhere, that gives us information on when 0.7 will be out, and what will be in it?

Thanks again.
    Ooh, what time tomorrow?

Just kidding...
  • dazhaywarddazhayward Member Posts: 3
    I have the same problem.

Saved and closed Gamesalad and now my project loads with a blank screen.
    If I go to close it, I get a Save Changes? Dialog. I did this with a copy of the file - reopened the copy and that was totally empty. The scene icon is present, and Preview works again, just completely empty.

I can see all the project files with "Show Package Contents" and it all looks present and correct. Maybe there's a way to restore using these?

Bit of a show-stopper really. :(