GS Used To Prototype 1-of-a-kind Music App

scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
Season greetings and blessings!

I just thought to drop the fine folks at GameSalad a note on something new that I'm about to launch on the iPhone OS which I am really excited about, a pre-release announcement that I hope will make its rounds on the internet so that an often overlooked group of iPhone OS users will be informed for some Christmas cheer.

The reason why I'm putting it here is because GS empowered me to build a working prototype in just half a day!

---------------------------------------
A NEW (MUSICAL) HOPE - COMING SOON
---------------------------------------
It's with great excitement that I make this announcement... I have created a new musical instrument that EVEN the blind can use!

Right now, out of all the hundreds and thousands of musical instrument applications that you can launch on your iPhone and iPod Touch, none of them are truly friendly or even made with the visually handicapped in mind. We all know that Apple have always taken great strides in making all their technology accessible, but it is still up to the third-party developers to design well for the impaired.

I am going to introduce a new musical instrument that will not discriminate even the blind.

Unlike other apps which can work with Apple's VoiceOver technology, musical instrument apps cannot afford to have VoiceOver intercept every touch. Musical instruments require instant triggering of sounds and samples and functions, and with many such apps, the screen(s) are complex and difficult to use with a small margin of error even for those with sight. Just imagine the challenges that musical instrument app designers face when trying to address all these issues including the special needs of the blind.

In this respect, I have given it a lot of thought and I honestly believe I have created something special and unique for the App Store's ever-crowding space.

What's the point in changing the world if it's not for the better? Come this Christmas season, my dream and soon-to-be reality is to bring new hope and cheer to an often overlooked community, especially when it has come to musical instrument apps. My Christmas wish this year is that the visually handicapped won't just be hearing joyous singing and music, they will be making some of that themselves with their own hands and voices.

The new instrument is called Chordica Touch and I hope to have it submitted to Apple for approval on Nov 19, 2009.

Blessings,
Joash Chee
Scoreless Music Pte Ltd
joash@scorelessmusic.com
http://www.chordica.com
(65) 9748 4395

Comments