Need Music for your game?

RevoltingPeasantRevoltingPeasant Member Posts: 33
Hey there GSers

I've never properly introduced myself here, so it may be time. I'm a 25 year old musician, working part-time in an online bookshop (IT-Support) and part-time in a recording studio in Zurich, Switzerland. Since I want to break in to the professional game music-programming business (or producing jingles, whatever, just make money with music, I guess) and since the game I'm making is getting along great but will still take about 6 months to complete (damn level-making is sooo much work with GS's limited editor-features), I still need to stitch together a "music portfolio/reel". So I was thinking about how to do this. And here's my idea:

Show me the great game you're making (video or playable), tell me what the music should sound like (happy, sad, dangerous, trance, rock, pop, like Mr Bungle, with vocals, with strings, etc., whatever you know you want/need) and I will put together a track for you FOR FREE!

Yes, that's right. I will want to be in the credits of your game, but that's it. I will not use the tracks for anything else, except put them in my reel for resumees, etc. I will obviously also mention your game if that's ok with you, so you'd get extra exposure.

If you don't like what I produce for you, throw it away and forget about it. No obligations, no hard feelings, nothing.
If you like it, but want things changed, fixed, it will be done.

So...Show me your game and if I like it, I'll make music for it for free and you're free to use it or not use it. But IF you use it, put me in the credits. Easy as that.

Cheers

RP

PS: Since I'm in the middle of my first professional CD-Production, I don't really have anything to show you. The old stuff wasn't good enough (since I didn't have the equipment), and the new stuff isn't done.
If you NEED to hear something, check out myspace of my old band. We're not playing anymore and the recordings were just a mic in the room so this doesn't represent what I (can) do, except for how I sing, I guess).

www.myspace.com/theruins1

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Cool!

I'd love a custom music track for my game 'horror box' if you haven't seen my main thread I'll post a vid later.

I've got one moody horror track at the moment but could do with a different one for use at different points in the game.

Something very atmospheric, creaking pipes, distant screams, children laughing, faded runnin foot steps, wall scratching, mixed in with some slow dark music? With some horror stings/stabs now and again.

So pretty happy overall.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    I might ask you for some samples for our coming up WWII multiplayer tank death match game (not made with GS).

I will contact you, when I have to show something in the coming weeks.

It would be nice, if you could provide an email address.
  • RevoltingPeasantRevoltingPeasant Member Posts: 33
    @stormystudio: yeah, I've seen your vid and really love the claustrophobic atmosphere. Would love to help you make something out of it. (EDIT: that didn't come across how I wanted it. But I'd love to help you make music for it;) I'm more or less free this week-end (next to working on my own music and upcoming game), but I'll put something together for you! I'm guessing it should be loopable and no longer than 30 secs because of the size!? Could you maybe mail me the track you already have so I can try to make them "fit" together, considering the style and mixing? (mail a little further down)

@hunnenkoenig: yeah, please contact me as soon as you're ready, I'd be happy to help!

My Mail (sorry, totally forgot!)

revolting.peasant-games (at) gmx.ch

Cheers
    RP
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Thanks!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Excellent, thanks RP, just sending the email now.

let me know if it doesn't come through, only recently setup my stormystudio email after my whole website and email service went belly up.