@Juzcook - Damn you! *fist shakes*

peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
Damn you - I tried to get my high score back twice and failed >:( WAY TO STEAL THE TOP SPOT.

On a side note I'm working on an update already to add more variety and such, as by the time you reach 19k, (as you did,) or 17k (in my case) it can get a bit dull XD

Still, given how long I spent messing with it, well done for beating me :)

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    What game are you talking about?
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Happy Doodle Sushi Smile - my first little Corona app. It's pretty basic, but yes - Juz beat me and it's only been out two or so days XD
  • nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    damn. i want gamecenter on my games.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    nulo said:
    damn. i want gamecenter on my games.

Yes, I agree with that!

I like GameCentre because it takes your itunes account and makes an id out of it for you - which means everything's unified.

The other systems are great too (openfeint for example) but GC is where it's at.

I don't think that good games suffer if they don't have leaderboards or social networks - but it would be a nice extra feature.

An interesting experiment would be to compare sales of Peach's GS games with this one made with Corona. Did having all those extra features seem to help at all? Or did it not make any difference?

Cheers,

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

As I'm STILL waiting on my third days data (2nd full day) I can't really say yet.

However in a week or two it will be interesting to compare sales between Happy Doodle Sushi Smile and Castle Climber - my first Corona app VS my first GS app.

They're of similar overall quality and style. (I'm not saying cartoon and doodle are similar as such, more that I think they appeal to the same groups - that's the theory, anyway.)

Will be interesting ^-^;
  • nulonulo Member Posts: 315
    quantumsheep said:
    I don't think that good games suffer if they don't have leaderboards or social networks - but it would be a nice extra feature.

i cant say i agree with you on that.
    a delicious apple juice will continue being the exactly same delicious apple juice if its on restaurant A or B.
    BUT
    if restaurant A has great quality food and restaurant B doesn't.
    the exactly same delicious apple juice will sell much more on restaurant A than B.

its very poetic to say that a great game doesn't need all these cool features (which are pretty much STANDARDS by now). but they actually do make a lot of difference.
    nulo said:
    i cant say i agree with you on that.
    a delicious apple juice will continue being the exactly same delicious apple juice if its on restaurant A or B.
    BUT
    if restaurant A has great quality food and restaurant B doesn't.
    the exactly same delicious apple juice will sell much more on restaurant A than B.

its very poetic to say that a great game doesn't need all these cool features (which are pretty much STANDARDS by now). but they actually do make a lot of difference.

That's fair enough, mate, but a better analogy would be having Apple Juice in both restaurants but one of them offers you two straws!

It's the same drink - but the second straw lets you include others in the experience ;)

I know these things are standard these days, but no-one I know really uses them. I play most while on the tube, which is underground, obviously, and so scores don't get updated etc. so I'm not really that bothered by them.

That isn't the experience of everyone, obviously, but to base a buying decision on whether a game has leaderboards or not is just silly in my opinion.

Joe at FMG was really clever in making an awesome adventure game. These games don't traditionally have leaderboards.

Regardless, he made a game that has sold tens of thousands of units without leaderboards.

Additionally, there have been many other success stories with GS that obviously haven't had leaderboards included. Yes, it's nice to have them, but they're not absolutely *essential*. That's not being poetic, it's just stating facts ;)

This is why I'm interested in the sales figures for Peach's first GS and Corona games. As she mentions, they're quite similar in their appeal, and it'd be interesting to see how the inclulsion of leaderboards affects stuff, if at all.

For the record, I desperately want leaderboards myself! In my opinion, it should be the next big feature (not tool update) that GS focusses on.

Cheers,

Q S :D

• magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    Oh that stupid ninga I got 15960 Ptzs!!

-Josh
    "Fishy" Yes i just scored 33300 ptz!!!

oh and i think you should add separate sounds to when you hit like the ninja it should say"Stupid Ninja"

Will add images later!
    *yawwwwwwwwwwns*

Just woke up to find I am now 3rd on my own high score list!

Magic, I'm impressed - I'm planning an update soon, very soon, (it needs to be more interesting and a just a tad less repetitive, heh,) and if I end up adding more achievements I shall consider naming one after you ^-^;

"Magic 101" is a decent achievement name, I reckon.

I'm off to caffeinate and continue to shake my fist at the scores above mine!
    PS - I like the ninja idea, with sounds I had a little trouble as I was recording myself and felt awkwardly self conscious, lol >.<'
  • ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410
    Time for that super secret power up!
  • StormtrixStormtrix Member Posts: 256
    Just bought it Peach, will leave a review and now i can spend the next few hours trying to top you guys :)
    Stormtrix, thank you! Lovely review, I've just seen it <3

I notice that Arton is now topping the highscore list - in the update there will be at least one new way to earn points though, possible two, I have them in mind already - so perhaps then I'll do better than wherever I am now in my OWN game XD (3rd or 4th, I believe).
    Make a secret combo of screen touches that gives you 25,000 ptz, then you can always own the scoreboard!

-Josh
    Heh - I totally considered that :P I'd never do it though.

I just need to add extra lives in the update amongst other things, I reckon.

That high score of mine could have gotten higher but I lost 2 out of 3 lives while putting out my cigarette, lol >.<'

Still, I'll try again later tonight.
  • juzcookjuzcook Member Posts: 259
    AHH i JUST saw this hahahaha. i had a few more attempts but couldnt do it again. i think id need to sit down in a very quiet place without any distractions to beat you all again :P
    You can still be proud of the fact you were the first to beat me :P I'm not at the top but still, I did test it for a long time :P

With the update there will be more ways to earn points, so it will be anybody's game then :)
  • UnicornifyUnicornify Member Posts: 118
    Hey the swearing is not cool!
    Please edit!
    Wait, what swearing? .... Please tell me you don't mean "damn" XD
    !@#$%, peach! You said 'damn'!

Oh.

quantumsheep said:
    !@#$%, peach! You said 'damn'!

Oh.

!@#$%! Sorry! Entirely unintentional.
  • cbtcbt Member Posts: 644
    You both should get the fudge out of this hole if you can't even construct a fudging sentence without using bad-words!
    cbt said:
    You both should get the fudge out of this hole if you can't even construct a fudging sentence without using bad-words!

Now that /might/ get edited :P

Still, it's true. We were kind of being asses. (I assume someone who considers "damn" a swear considers "ass" a swear - would that be right, do you think?)
  • cbtcbt Member Posts: 644
    I think the last 5 posts should be deleted :D
    It's been done, that's good though - I /do/ love fudge.

I still want to know if the guy who thinks "damn" is an "uncool" thing to say thinks "ass" is a swear word :P