app released, but icon looks pixelated

HeyFriesHeyFries Member Posts: 78
Hi, I already got my app approved, but I'm not happy how the icon looks like. In spite of submitting a large icon- 152x152 PNG file- as requested by apple, the icon of my app looks very low quality in resolution once downloaded to my iPod. Does anyone knows how can I fix this? Thanks

Comments

• DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    512x512, not 152x152
  • HeyFriesHeyFries Member Posts: 78
    oh, sorry, I meant 512x512. So I checked, and I summited the 512x512 PNG, so why does the icon looks so quality? Any fix? Thanks
    oh, sorry, I meant 512x512. So I checked, and I summited the 512x512 PNG, so why does the icon looks so low in quality? Any fix? Thanks
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    Thanks, but I have not found the answer to my question yet...any more inputs?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    The 512 is not used on the device. The icon you add to the GS publish screen is part of the binary that you upload to apple and this icon is used on the device. there is a bug where you must always select the icon from the finder when you publish even if you are updating an app through GS. Basically if it shows your icon when you start publishing through GS to get your app file then you need to go in and reselect it from the finder or it will be the wrong resolution. It is a bug associated with how GS handles retina display.
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    <Ignore>
    Thanks scitunes for your explanation. I am reading too that it has to be a 114x114 icon when uploading via gs? Any comments?