Does it help sales to make app free for 1 or 2 days....

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
Does it help to make your app free for 1-2 days to build up word of mouth and reviews, and then have it for sale after?

Also, if your app under the free category is high up there in ranking, when you switch to paid, does it go back to the bottom ranking or stay the same under paid apps?

Comments

• jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    I don't know from experience of my own. But based on what I've seen from other apps that have done this- making it free usually just results in a lot of harsh and 1 star reviews. A lot of people want a game with 100 levels with full 3-D for free or .99 cents.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Yea! I posted my game up for free just for 24 hours and did receive some harsh 1 star ratings, no written reviews though, but that's what I've heard too. Overall I still have a 3 star rating, but still! It's free, what are these people expecting??
    I'm beginning to think that the .99 cent app price point is asking for trouble in general. Once GS can save game data- then larger more involved games can be developed to justify a higher price. At least that's my plan. :)
    Verrry interesting. Something to consider....

Thanks!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Cool Tshirt, sounds like it's helped your sales! I had it free 24 hours, and now it's back to 99c, so I'll see how sales are again :)