Making a song with a perfect loop in Garageband?

GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
I've been making my music for my new game with Garageband and I've been having trouble getting my songs to loop. They just kind of trail off and then start over again. Does anyone know any tricks to help the song be seamless when you loop it?

Comments

• DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    Tail off? I just use the loop button works fine with it
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Are you actually composing it or using the loops apple includes? If you are using the loops then it may already have a fade on the beginning and end. Or check that there is no fade running on on the master track or music track your playing from.

If indeed the fade is part of the loop then just isolate past beginning and before the end (use the yellow section tool at top of main window-just click and drag in there to see it, yellow area is where it will loop.
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    So the yellow area specifies where to loop the song when exported to an mp3 file? I thought that was strictly for playback? I'll have to play with that.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    You can trim the whole thing by doing this. Hover over the bottom part of the very beginning of the track. You should see the icon Change to something that looks like this: [

Click and drag that to where you want the beginning to be ( start of the yellow area) do the same at the end of the track.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    There's a little purple triangle that marks the end of the audio file. Make sure that lines up with the exact end of the song. Also, you could DL audacity for free. When you are done in garageband, export it and then open the file in audacity. If there is an blank space ant end, just highlighted (click and drag) and delete it.