iPad or iPad 2nd Gen?

magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
hey guys and gals just asking if i should get the 64gb iPad now or wait till the next gen.

the next gen will most likely have:

Retnia Display
Cameras
Facetime
7 or 9.7 inch display

-Josh

Comments

• magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    just an update the ipad 2nd gen will probably be released between feb-apr(most likely march)

-Josh
  • LAdrianLAdrian Member Posts: 237
    If it will have retina display we are f*cked :D
  • LAdrianLAdrian Member Posts: 237
    Btw, I'm in the same situation as you are. I think I'll get one now as I need it for development and also because I'm very impatient when it comes to gadget :D
    LAdrian said:
    Btw, I'm in the same situation as you are. I think I'll get one now as I need it for development and also because I'm very impatient when it comes to gadget :D

I am thinking of getting one now but I don't want an outdated gaget when its only 2-3 months old :D

-Josh
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    I'm in the same boat, not sure what to do at the moment. I'm thinking I may just design all of my artwork as if it was for a retina display (basically the size X2). That way in the future when they do try and screw me I'll be ready, at least as far as development goes.
    Any other feedback?

-Josh
  • diegocsdiegocs Member Posts: 531
    I am kinda in te same problem. What i would do is get a used 16gb ipad on ebay, for the meantime, and around february sell it back on ebay, so you're ready to buy the ipad 2. This will help because yould be able to develop for ipad for the current 3 months, so you'll be making money, and when the ipad 2 is released you just update all your apps to support the rumored new display. Its just a way to be prepared so its easier when you buy the new ipad, just change the images to higher res ones and you're all set. Do you understand where i'm going at.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    I would wait for the 349;8724987394 GIG iiPad v7 which will come out in a few years!

I on the other hand got one because millions of people have then and I can test my apps right now :)

Technology will always be automated faster than you can say "game salad" but it a,l depends what you do with it :)

There is nothing wrong with the iPad as it is now ... I can read me emails, the battery life is great and I hardly need my laptop anymore.

The thing to consider is the Samsung Galaxy because that is a whole new market .....
  • 777ideas.com777ideas.com Member, PRO Posts: 895
    I was going to buy an iPad this month but I heard of the iPad 2nd Gen Coming In A Few Months, so I decided to wait for the new iPad.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Ditto as per kirk1234's comment. :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps