Need artist for partnership

daddydagodaddydago Member Posts: 4
I am looking for an artist to join me in a partnership to design a game. We will share all profits 50/50 and all decisions will be made as a team.

Once we figure out what type of game we want to create and plan out the details I can do most of the game assembly if you can do the artwork. We should also consider having someone join us for sound effects and music since have no musical talent. If you can do music etc. then I guess we can skip that step.

Some Ideas for games I have had and some I started.

- Foodcart Tycoon - buildup your stand and buy inventory (kinda like lemonade stand game only with multiple products)
- Battle Cruiser Game - Your battle cruiser floats through the ocean as planes come from the other end of the screen and drop bombs while you shoot them down. *Started framework almost done*
- Adventure RPG - Like Zelda or Pokemon type game
- Space shooter game - first person flight sim using the accelerometer to steer the spaceship and shoot down enemy crafts.
- Safari Hunter - Go on safari and capture wild animals
- Trivia Game - Very easy to make
- skydiving squirrel- squirrel jumps and has to collect things as it falls. *framework is done just needs artwork*

There is a couple more I cant think of right now

Please contact me if you are interested
*I guess if you can do music and sound effects contact me too and we may need you especially once we get a game or two out.*

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    I think 50/50 is too high here's why....

My team work like this.. musician 10% artist 25% me 65%..wait 65%!!! wtf that's too high no one will join my team if im taking 65%?

Who will design the game? who will market the game? who makes the levels? who will test it? who will answer customer support?

I think you will find if you make a decent game you will be spending 10xs longer with just the code than your art or music guy will be there end and then there's all the above to think about.

If you start at 50/50 that might be ok for a small game but once you set your split it will be hard for you to say actually now i want to give you 30%..get me?

Darren.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Hi. Before trying to go in on a rev share have you thought about having the graphics your self? Ian at Debug Design does some very good art at a decent rate, he has helped soo many people from this community. For an even cheaper, bargain price of just $30 you can get a graphics pack that he's just started selling, check it out, will be perfect for the Battle Cruiser Game;

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=13846
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    I would have applied but I suck at graphics and my playing is equal to a grade one student .... sort of!
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    I think is an great idea to create small teams, instead of release badly programmed games or with visuals that makes you want to cut out your own eyes. I've already found a partner, but I've seen several posts on this topic the last months(from both programmers and artists). Have you tried to search the forums? I think there was Swedish artist who wanted an partner a month ago.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    @ UtopianGames

It can work the other way too.... what if the artist ends up designing and driving the project. Im assuming the artist is going to be GameSalad savvy, as theyre hanging around on this forum. So if the artist ends up driving the game forward, and does a lot of the design and putting the game together too, then an equal share might actually end up looking like a good deal.

I think it would be easier to say that the coder would normally get a higher cut, if they were coding it under a traditional environment, as theyre doing the bulk of bringing the project together... but with GameSalad, that might not end up being the case, and the guy doing the artwork might end up doing just as much, if not more.

It should be completely down to how much effort each of the partners brings to the project, regarding their % cut.... not so much about what their background or jobtitle is...

Every project and collaboration is going to be different though...
  • JayfriJayfri Member Posts: 6
    Hey Guys, i am an art person and kinda need a programmer for team up,

This is one i did using normal template... i tried learning but cant execute..

http://gamesalad.com/game/4907
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    I'm an artist and I think utopian has got the right idea. I like to know EXACTLY what I need to do. For example I am happy to create 50 graphics, animations etc for 30% but I need:

1. A game overview document with concept, levels, puzzles and results.
    2. access to your itunes or appfigures account in order to monitor sales.
    3. a good project manager to drive and complete the project. So I would give the 3 months after delivering the graphics to complete the project. If the game is no where near completion after this time the the graphics would be paid for in full by the developer. this is because in many cases, developers become distracted and start working on something else mid way through a project. 2 people have left me in the lurch after getting graphics... a waste of my time... and I don't have much
    4. Weekly discussion in order to promote, discuss and evolve the concept.

in most cases it would probably be easier to build the game with basic graphics and just give me a list of what you need and the sizes. Then I can give you a bundle price and you can keep all earning for yourself!