Has anyone done a press release? (and if yes, would you share it)

xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
Hi gang,
i have to write a press release and wonder if anyone here has done that.
There are a few samples on the net but i'd be interested how many of you do that for your apps?

cheers :)

Comments

• StormtrixStormtrix Member Posts: 256
    Hey xylo,
    I recently did a press kit with images and a press release .pdf and used a couple of free press release sites.
    Honestly i don't know if it did any good.. they then try to sell you on $10-$20 for letting them submit it to multiple sites etc.. i didn't do that part.

just google like free press release to find some sites.
    It is nice to have the kit done so can submit it to other app review sites if they request one.

you can hit my ftp site -- ftp://173.65.228.50
    username: gamesalad
    password: gamesalad

grab the presskit zip file i have there and check it out..

Also there are some of Wayne's GS demo templates there as well.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    thanks stormtrix!
    i have a friend who works for a local paper and he owes me a favour ... to make a long story short, at first, he told me he will do the press release and now he just wants it from me ....

again, thanks! I will snoop around ;)
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    hi,

is the kit still available? i would like to see how one is put together. thanks.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    use prmac for press releases.

You can just read the press releases there to get an idea, how to forge them.

They even have some templates too, i think.

For me press releases didn't do much... at least I didn't see any impact on sales, visits or anything else.

Free (and even paid) press releases will be mostly just autoscraped into the last hidden link of many sites, which nobody will visit.
    The problem is, it is cheap and everybody writes a press release about every fart they make.

If there would be a press release site, which would be used by professionals to get ideas for their next articles because of quality, I would pay a few hundred dollars for that service.

With the cheap spam solutions it is not really worth it. On the other hand you can't afford not to use them...
    Actually,i went to see an old friend the other day and we spent two hours during which he enlightened me regarding marketing.
    He wants the press release from me to pass it on to the press (on my behalf as i don't that the right connection).

Thanks for the links, i will look into it :)
  • MrBloggyMrBloggy Member Posts: 35
    I have a contact who is a professional Journalist and writes press releases for me. These cost $25 a go but are very very good.

Have a look at the Press Release my writer created for me for my game 'Catain Flanders'

http://www.itwillbeyou.info/?p=21910

If you require my writers services let me know. You will be very happy with the quality of the work.
    Thank you,,
    I just bought a marketing book and am always for the lookout for new vocabulary to use!

Great work and if I ever make money with my stuff, I will hire your friends services! The work is indeed top notch!