Sound cuts out

allaboutiweballaboutiweb Member Posts: 42
So I managed to get my background sounds made up and inserted them into the game. I have one sound that I want playing all of the time so as soon as the main game screen starts the sound starts in the background. It is set to loop and play to the end. The trouble is that there is a 1 second gap when the sound gets to the end of the loop and starts again, but when I listen to the sound out of GS it cuts straight it and out so there should be no gap.

Is this a common problem? I imported the sounds as MP3s and let GS do the conversion to ogg for me.

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi allaboutiweb; bit confused as to what you're after: are you saying you want the 1 second gap or don't? Is the silence gap actually at the end of the background sound file?

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• allaboutiweballaboutiweb Member Posts: 42
    Gyroscope, what I want is one long continuous sound playing the whole time a user is playing but what I get is 30 seconds of sound then a gap then 30 seconds of sound etc etc.....

The sound file has no pauses in it an cuts in and out at the start and end if I listen to it in an mp3 player. The sound wave also shows no quiet bits, it continues right to the end.

It's as if GS is rewinding the track before playing again.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    That is puzzling to me; I can't work out what's going on there, if you say there's no silence in the music; a loop is a loop...

No timers involved, I guess? Possibly it's because your sound is 30 seconds long or longer and you've brought it in as a sound rather than music? Possibly I guess. Clutching at straws now...

Try deleting the Play music Behavior as well as the music file, reimport the sound as a music file, add the Play music behaviour again and see if that does the trick...

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps