☃What are your plans for Christmas?

LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
❄ I am going on vacation with my family to Pittsburgh. My sister in law live there. I am going to freeze my but. I am from Puerto Rico... 13 years ago when I was in the army and I was station at Ft. Drum in Watertown NY, 30 minutes from Canada and it was so cold that I swear I was never going any where higher than Georgia but here I go again...
Its going to be weird being 10 days without working on my projects but I am taking my iphone so I will stop by every day to say hi.

Comments

• magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    Work on my game(s)!!!

-Josh
  • JackBQuickJackBQuick Member Posts: 524
    Have fun in Pittsburgh! I was there two years ago and saw the "Anything that Floats" Race. I love the names of the rivers: Allegheny, Monongahela and Ohio. While travelling through Pennsylvania, we got lost and ended up at Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater and took a tour given by the granddaughter of one of the masons who worked on it.

Have a Merry Christmas!
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    Thanks a lot Jack, Merry Christmas to you too. We are also going to the Niagara's falls but from the Canada side which is better and another day we are going to WashingtonDC, to the museums. So I will be getting Ideas for my next app. That means- get your demos ready...
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Christmas last year, I was on a cruse around the Caribbean with my Dad, Sister, Brother-in-law and Nephew.

This year however, just me and my dad chillin for a few days at his house up north (UK/Blackburn).

I'll be taking my macbook up with me though, going to work on a couple of game ideas, and teach myself a little about pixel art too hopefully.

Pretty dull all round really ;o)
    We just got to Pittsburgh last night and the first stop was " the house of the 1000 beers"
    Today we are driving to the niagaras falls.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    DRINK...EAT....DRINK....FALL OVER....DRINK SOME MORE....GET UP....

DRINK...WORK ON MY GAME....UNDO WHAT I'VE DONE CAUSE I WAS DRUNK...

SOBER UP....WORK ON GAME...SUCCESSFULLY ACHIEVE SOME WORK...DRINK...

CELEBRATE NEW YEAR...DRINK...

LOOK AT MY GAME AND WISH I'D WORKED ON IT MORE OVER THE HOLIDAY...

THEN SPEND THE NEXT 3 MONTHS WORKING ON THE GAME...

MAKE IT THE BEST GAME EVER MADE EVER...

LAUNCH THE GAME...

DO SOME TINY AMOUNT OF MARKETING...

DRINK.... CHECK SALES... SOLD 10 GAZILLION COPIES...

BUY AN ISLAND AND TAKE UP DRINKING...
    I think you should Stop drinking Storm...
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    yeah but it's Christmas...

(In reality...I'm the Father of a 10 month old, with a wife and "responsibilities" so might only get drunk once for my Work Christmas do (night out in London), and again on Boxing Day (about 40 family members all get together at my folks house, for a day of finger food, beer, chat and Pool/Snooker).

Hopefully find a good 20 hours of time to work on my game that is coming along nicely...Also may have to work between Christmas and New Year, which means my wife and daughter will be away at my folks whilst I'm home alone for two nights. Which means two solid nights of GameSalad work...
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    LordTarantor said:
    ❄ I am going on vacation with my family to Pittsburgh. My sister in law live there. I am going to freeze my but. I am from Puerto Rico... 13 years ago when I was in the army and I was station at Ft. Drum in Watertown NY, 30 minutes from Canada and it was so cold that I swear I was never going any where higher than Georgia but here I go again...
    Its going to be weird being 10 days without working on my projects but I am taking my iphone so I will stop by every day to say hi.

I teach in Gouverneur, NY! Just up route 11 from Fort Drum. A number of my students' parents are stationed there. Small world!

Good luck dealing with cold and happy holidays!