Any Apps Rejected?

gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
Has anyone had there app rejected by Apple that have used GameSalad? If so what was the reason?

Greg

Comments

• PPenguinPPenguin Member, PRO Posts: 110
    yeah, I had one rejected, but it was for minimal functionality, not because of the GS API. :P
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    'minimal functionality' that is what I am afraid of. Can you tell me a little more of what your app was like? I have a feeling they are going to reject my app just for that fact. Mine is basically a novelty sound app (nothing gross or anything). Just a very basic sound app where you touch the screen and sounds come out. Nothing more and nothing less.
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    i think that they apple doesnt reject applications unless there are crashes, malfunctions or as actswartz said the GS API.
    anyway they accepted 4 of my applications (2 of which i can consider the worst applications in the app store). so far i have not hade any problems what so ever.
  • VmlwebVmlweb Member Posts: 427
    mine was rejected because there was a iphone in the icon and apparently it breaks Apple trademark thingys
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Greg,

Black Cat Halloween was accepted and essentially, it's a 'joke' app with a sound board as an extra. It was accepted fine.

It's still selling, bizarrely, despite Halloween obviously being over! Very weird!

QS :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    3 Apps so far including a lite version and non rejected yet... knock on wood!
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    I had app reject for invalid tags. The tags that got the app reject were "Tap It", and "Bopit". Cannot have tags that are part of other apps names.

Had an app also reject that was a lite app. The lite app had a button that would pop up a message saying only available in the full version. Every thing must be fully functional in the app. So I had to remove the button.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    @tshirtbooth: Wow, that's good to know! In a lite version, I would have done all the things you mentioned.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Anyone have lite versions of games for sale at this point? If so, how are they selling if you don't mind sharing?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    yea, lite versions are tricky. You can't mention the full version at all in the game, but I think it's fair game in the description.

I had to completely redo V is for Vortex's level select for the free version to only show 6 levels instead of 18.
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    I had one app rejected because of the tags "Tap It" and "Bopit". The first rejection was for "Tap it" only. I removed "Tap It" tag then it got rejected for "Bopit". Why they did not tell me to remove both at the same time, I do not know. If they would have told me to remove both then it would have saved me another week of waiting...