Introducing iAskimo.com [need help]

ShpintShpint Member Posts: 404
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
Hey guys!!! I know I've been pretty inactive on GS Forums lately. I was working on this website.
I think I'm allow to post it here since it's not in anyway related to GS.

I'm introducing my latest website: http://iaskimo.com
(I'm super duper happy right now)

iAskimo basically is a Q&A website with simple to navigate user interface. It's not quite popular right now, but with your help(s) it might soon.

It would be great if you can like us on Facebook: http://goo.gl/VImcT
and join the website. You can even log in with your Facebook Credential.

Once joined, please ask a few questions and answer some. I know it's very hard to grow a website, so I'm begging for your help. Please also spread the words around.

Thank you. I really appreciate your help.

Oh and also, can you post a reply stating your opinion?? :)

Comments

• ShpintShpint Member Posts: 404
    Noone is willing to help me?
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    This isn't really the best place to push that site; IMHO. So don't feel bad at the lack of interest.

If you're trying to get the site off the ground you really need to post a bunch more questions and answers then promote it to your target audience.

For example, answer some related questions on Yahoo Answers and then link to your site as a source.

I hope that helps a bit, websites are tricky things. Stick with it.
  • diegocsdiegocs Member Posts: 531
    yeah i agree with peachpellen. Btw your website looks awesome, hope it doe great, it ssure has potential to, just need promoting. Post in sites like engadget.com in post which are popular with lots of comments, in youtube comments sections, really any other website with high traffic and comment boxes / forums or anything to help promote your site
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Sorry, I didn't comment on how it looks - it's good. It has a lot of potential, I think. The load times are on the higher side but not too excessive.

If you want some more detailed feedback, digitalpoint webmaster forum is a good place to go :)
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    I too like the template BUT (now this is an old man speaking), if you ask for answers in categories like religion and other explosive topics, you are shooting yourself before you know!

My advise would be to stay away from the topics that create a mess on other forums and take up something more harmless. There is plenty to ask out there but I would avoid politics, sex and definitely religion!

Other than that, nice looking site (but once you do get a few hundred questions/answers, I don't know how you will maintain the clean look?

be good :)

p.s. i just saw that you've posted an answer requesting browser info etc ...
    That is all in your server logs and you need to know who comes to your page, from where they come, how long they stay, where they go (and where not) and, and, and ...
    Depending on what CMS you are using, install a plugin that collects all of that data for you :)
  • ShpintShpint Member Posts: 404
    thanks guys, 4 posts really does cheer me up a little. I was expecting no reply, but now I got 4!!! YAY!!!!
    Thank Peach and diegocs for the good advice and compliments. I hope the website will still look clean even with more questions.
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    From About iAskimo:
    iAskimo is truly your ultimate community to “Ask Questions, Get Answers, Find Informations”.
    "Informations" should be "information".
  • joey2ejoey2e Member Posts: 99
    looks like a good concept!!