Quick tip

gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
Just a quick tip for everyone. Proof read all your text in your app!!!!!

I can't believe that I just now found a spelling error in my app. Well yes I can. Having worked so close with it over the last several days I just didn't notice any of the spelling errors.

So the tip is maybe have a friend proof read your screens/wording/text for any errors before you send your app in to Apple for review.

I should have known better. I was an editor years and years ago for my college newspaper. Also should have done the old put it away in a drawer for a day and come back to it fresh later. :-)

Any way just wanted to share a lesson learned by me!

Comments

• design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Man, that's too bad. Good tip, I've had things come off press with a typo even after a number of people have proofed. Having fresh eyes do a proof is always a good idea.

But, can we make a challenge out of this? Bragging rights to the first person to find your typo!

Which game is yours?
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    I was able to stop the review process with Apple and update my code and get it back into review. Whew :-)
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    I would rather start at the bottom then to have spelled GameSalad GameSald on my game :-) I had a thank you in my credits to GameSalad and all the folks here on the forum but spelled GameSalad wrong! Good gosh what a moron I am :-)

Oh well...I only wasted like 12 hours or so...I'm back in the queue now.