Non transferrable momentum.

ratbumratbum Member Posts: 18
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
How do you stop an object reacting to a collision with another object, without changing the movable? attribute.

The object that must not react to the impact is a lift, as you can imagine, the displacement of a lift can be something of a disaster.

There is only one lift:
http://gamesalad.com/game/play/28165

Thanks

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I don't have a solution to your specific problem, but after playing your game I wonder if you could just create a jump button so that at the peak of the lift you tap the jump button and reach the platform on the right. I was unable to use the lift to reach the high platform to the right of the lift. Or make the lift go farther up. Good start though. I was hoping to make it past that lift so I could keep playing.
  • ratbumratbum Member Posts: 18
    I did try something like that, but with constraining the horizontal velocity to 0 (so it could work with all lifts from a generic actor) this, although I may try your method as mine was not entirely reliable for some reason, however does not solve the problem of the lift going down whenever you jump onto it.

It should be noted that the current version of the game (23/11/09) does not have anything to fix the x position. After I added it, there was a catastrophic error (I forget what but it made me lose all my changes), I have until now forgotten to re-add it.
  • ratbumratbum Member Posts: 18
    To scitunes, there is a jump button, and it is possible to get past the lift, however the end-level tunnel does not work, even though it is possible to enter.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    woops. must not have seen the jump button. my bad.