which graphic style should I choose?

gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
Hey guys, one of my projects is a platformer, just doing artwork at the moment tho. But can't decide on a route to take.

The game is a stick man platformer (yes I know, but Ive had the idea for a while) but I can't decide on whether the objects in the game (platforms/crates etc) should be a doodle style (hand drawn effect) or a computer graphic style? Im considering Ian's platforming pack, but im not sure the style goes. I could be wrong tho!

Any opinions on which would be best? Sorry I don't have any examples to show!

cheers :)

Comments

• kadinshinokadinshino Member Posts: 82
    i say theres too much doodle stuff out there...be creative and come up with somthing new. thats what people like :D
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    I have to agree... Doodle Games are everywhere and the game world is moving on.

and i'm not just saying that coz of the pack. I just think that most doodle games are done on the cheap (and rushed) so I tend to avoid them.
  • juzcookjuzcook Member Posts: 259
    honestly i hate most doodle games. they look exactly the same as every other one!
  • gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    Thats what I tend to think about doodle games. I think I will go for computer graphics, just need to find the right style to fit in!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    computer graphics, or really smart hand drawn graphics, not doodles but maybe well drawn images that then scanned in....on a variety of textured paper.

Cardboard cutout style?
  • FranzKellerFranzKeller Member Posts: 517
    CLAYMATION! (there are a few that did it.)
  • gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    would love to be able to do claymation, but I definatley do not have the skills for that!