MacStore about 3 weeks away

gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
edited November -1 in Non-GS Game News
Hi, if you haven't heard, the Apple Mac Store will be open for business on Thursday January 6.

"By bringing the revolutionary App Store experience to Mac OS X, the Mac App Store makes discovering, installing, and updating Mac apps easier than ever. The Mac App Store will be available in 90 countries at launch and will feature paid and free apps in categories like Education, Games, Graphics and Design, Lifestyle, Productivity, and Utilities."

Thought you ought to know! (If you didn't know...)

http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/?sr=hotnews.rss

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Comments

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    think that we have to pay that $99 a year...
    but then Apple is hosting our apps... and reviewing...
    so I am okay with that...

and think the 30% cut is okay, too, as I don't want to pay all those credit card processing fees...

I am excited about this... getting to market has always been a hassle for Indies.

Thanx gyro!

MH
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    I am excited too ... but when i think of setting up a second provisioning profile and the hassles involved, the excitement cools off quickly!
    Maybe it's not as bad as i remember ...
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    remember this would not be covered under your $99 iPhone Dev subscription, you would have to purchase an additional $99 Mac Dev subscription
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    yeah but GS servers can't handle mac app store builds yet :(

Hopefully soon though

Ace
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    Theyre raising the quality bar though for apps to receive approval... so its going to be much harder for Devs to manage to get their Apps onto the Mac store... which can only be a good thing in the long run.

Apps duplicating another app or of a very similar nature will be limited, or rejected.

Devs spamming the store with many versions of similar Apps will be banned, and their apps removed.

No demo, lite, trial, beta or test versions of apps allowed. Only fully featured Apps will be allowed on the Mac store.

Apps with User Interfaces that are complicated or "less than very good" will be rejected.

And thats just some of the new approval guidelines for the Mac Appstore. So anyone thinking its gonna be a new quick and easy market to jump into are going to be disappointed.

Its a pity they couldnt do the same thing with the iPhone appstore.