Split images

kmdownskmdowns Member Posts: 14
Hi,
I have a background that is 2000 px wide. I split this into two separate images at 1000 px each, do to size restrictions. When I place the images together they look fine on the GS Preview. However when I load the app to my iPhone I get a white line (seam) in between them. Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Comments

• simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    I haven't done it but I have seen it discussed that you will have to overlap the images a bit (and the flaw in GS will shift them a little bit) ie: overlap them the amount that the gap is and them GS will shift the images that much and they will line up.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    The best way if you can make the image tile is to to use one actor the size of your scene and go into graphics and change the x to tile.

Say you have a scene 960 x 320 make an actor the same size and then drag in your image (480x320 or 960x640 for retina) then go inside the actor and look at the graphics options and change the Horizontal Wrap to tile.

This will work better but you can only have one image.

Or if you need 2 images do what simo103 said and overlap them.

Darren.
  • kmdownskmdowns Member Posts: 14
    I'll try that overlap since I'm not sure if using tiles would be an option for the type of background that I am using. Its very custom and nothing repeats. Thanks for your help guys.
  • kmdownskmdowns Member Posts: 14
    The overlap worked great!! Thanks for the info guys!