Resetting Scene Buttons

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I have 2 buttons that spawn when my player dies.

Question is, when I choose one of the buttons, for example, reset level, It restarts the level but the button still appears... how do I destroy both of these when only one button is chosen?

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Thanks! When you reset the scene, do you have to respawn the actor (player) to the original spot?
    I'm debating since I only have 15 levels for this platformer on just creating a small, medium, and hard difficulty (in changing the healthbar) and thinking if the player loses, they have to restart the game.... make it a little more challenging, otherwise i feel if I just added restart level, they would beat it too soon...

Thanks for that tip too! I will keep that in mind, although, didn't they fix the memory leak... why is this still an issue?!
    Yeah, I remember seeing that post! I've noticed some other issues in 0.6 too like sounds that won't play when a scene is reset etc...

What's strange is in another game, when I used the reset scene button, the character would be in the same spot, but in this game, my main actor disappears.... I'll have to recheck the rules, but I think I'm going to stick to the game over thing, and make the player restart to add more challenge, otherwise it may be too easy!