Art of my new game

HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
I am working on a physics game.

Here is an image of the graphic style. The wizard is a placeholder.

I would like to make a game in the style of Cut the rope, because I think, that is the most appealing style to be successful.

What do you think?

Comments

• EminemEminem Member Posts: 667
    YOU MAKE ONE OF THE ILLEST GAMES!
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Eminem said:
    YOU MAKE ONE OF THE ILLEST GAMES!

and, make my stuff look sick!

MH
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Looks great, will this game be made with GS? Looks cool even though I have no idea whats going on lol. And you're definitely right about the cut the rope style being most successful.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    @Eminem and MotherHoose:
    I am not sure, I can follow you guys :-)
    But I take it as a compliment :-)

------

@artonskyblue:
    Yes, it is made with GS.

It will be armv7 for iphone and ipad, because the physics drain resources immensely.

I hope, I can make cool levels for it.
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    This looks really good, post some more screenshots from time to time!
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Hunnenkoenig said:

@artonskyblue:
    Yes, it is made with GS.

It will be armv7 for iphone and ipad, because the physics drain resources immensely.

I hope, I can make cool levels for it.

Please post a video soon, I really want to see what this game is all about. Looks very interesting in my opinion
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Looks VERY nice m8.

Can't wait to see a vid!

Darren.
    Thanks guys.

I will post a video as soon as I have all the art and at least the first level working well.

I am still waiting for a few graphics and some animations of the wizard. That's why the wizard on the screen is just a placeholder pic from the net.
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Ohhh..fantastic. Looks like an game I would buy:) Keep us updated.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Looks interesting!

I was going to comment about the wizard, but then read that it was placeholder!

I'm not sure about the background image. At the moment it looks too dissimilar to the blocks and the bucket/ropes - too realistic perhaps.

Just my two cents - and remember - I'm no artist!

Look forward to updates!

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• FanStudioUKFanStudioUK Member Posts: 459
    I love the graphics style and I'm very curious to see what you'll came up with!

Good luck!
    Quantum, you are right. The blocks are very different.

I will experiment with them, to find the best look. I just don't want the background distracting the user from the level design. It should be just a background.

I keep the gameplay secret for now. That should feed the hype a bit :-P

But I can say, it will be a funny game where the main protagonist is Archibald the Sorcerer, who is a bit dumb and a wannabe wizard and he has to rescue the forgotten princess from a ruined castle :-)
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Style looks amazing! Definitely something I would buy! Look forward to the finished product!

I also think the background actually looks pretty cool, it's just the door that throws it off, but I like how it's not the focus, and just a faint background :)

The door is somehow important, that's why it is there.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    well... I love just about all of it... for look and thrill... realistic and surrealistic components... seems a perfect combination of fact and fantasy... reminds me of Dali's work!

MH
    wow! That's a nice compliment, thanks!

I will forward it to the artist (a good friend of mine). He will be proud :-)
    a new image, where you can see what the gameplay is about. Still with placeholders...
    I added some shadows to the foreground images, but I think, I will take them away... what do you think? Is it better with shadows or like in the first picture, without them?

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi Hunnenkoenig: looking really good; I personally prefer the one without shadows. If you do go with shadows though, this will be part of the collision shape so you'd have to make separate actors for all the shadows...just a thought.

I like how you've blurred the background; I had a similar thought for my platformer a while back; I see that it works well (to my eye, at least). I thought of having a foreground, also blurred as parallax. Don't know if that would add anything to your particular scene styling?

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Yeah, I think, I stick with the original and won't use shadows.

I also have to experiment with image sizes.
    It's a tricky thing on the small screen of the iPhone. It should look good, but still has to give enough room for variety.

Maybe I will make scrolling levels too.

Blurred foreground... hm... I don't know... I will see, if it is needed somewhere to add something special to the scene.
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    Looks really good. What is this "armv7" I keep reading about? What does that mean?
    armv7 is 3GS, iPhone4, iPad and some new generation iPod Touch I think.

It's the technology behind it.

Older devices are armv6.
    Hm... the original image was taken down... strange...

Anyway, I reworked the art without shadows and a bit bigger scale. I think, it looks cool now.

It's a bit blurry because of the GS screenshot and the low resolution.

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Looking good, Hunnenkoenig, and an interesting game concept. I can see the potential there for more and more difficult levels. Positive vibes to you. :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    Looks Great!

-Josh