Anyone had experience with marketing companies?

mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
Has anyone used paid App marketing companies. If so, what was the return?

Thinking of using one for my next release
Ace

Comments

• HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Not much in return.

I paid some advertisement and I paid reviews and press releases.
    Nothing had a visible impact on sales.

I think, if you can't make massive campaigns so, that you are present everywhere, then it is senseless, and you just throw your money through the window.

You need at least a few thousand dollars to buy ADs on every mayor review sites and that still won't assure you success.

I know, I won't pay money again unless I can buy the "whole internet".
  • shoesmith81shoesmith81 Member Posts: 1
    take a look at http://www.medlmobile.com/index.php?page=alliance . we can market your game in exchange for some of the apps download revenue.

drop me an email rob@medlmobile.com if you have a hot game but need to get it some exposure!
  • diegocsdiegocs Member Posts: 531
    shoesmith81 said:
    take a look at http://www.medlmobile.com/index.php?page=alliance . we can market your game in exchange for some of the apps download revenue.

drop me an email rob@medlmobile.com if you have a hot game but need to get it some exposure!

how much is the average you pay for a game?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Well that looks like more of a publishing service. And I really don't think its right to pull your app of the store just to re-release when you have already had people buy it who will have to purchase again. I've thought about this a lot. and even if you have only had 10-20purchases you have no way to contact them to give them a promo code for the new version. If I had that option I could see pulling it for a re-release.
  • App-AgencyApp-Agency Member Posts: 3
    Marketing Apps is a very special thing, where only a few companies can serious help you to be more successful.

First is the product (your app), that must be unique, helpful or entertaining. Second is the test, if your app is logical or not. Third is a selling presentation and fourth the marketing-plan to give your app the success you planned.

App Agency (www.app-agency.de) is a Department of Germans Agency Five Tigers, we are delivering the results others are promising. That makes us unique here. Having tested over 3,000 Apps we know a bit about apps. Our own app-related websites have 1,000,000 views a month and are still climbing up.

We are tough consulters, not always polite, because being polite does not help the publisher in all ways. If your app meets our requirements we'll happy to do the rest for you.

Markus Burgdorf
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    Guys,

You guys need to be more active promoting your own games before paying marketing $$$. There are free options out there to promote yourself.

My friend offer for game reviews still stands (iPad and iPhone games), it's free and there is no downside on trying.

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=14742#post-113075

It's one blog, but better than nothing...