Free pdf of experimental novella...

gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
I've put this in the Miscellaneous section: " Something something having nothing to do with GameSalad..." so no worries, I hope!

I've written a novella (amongst other things) and you can download a free pdf of it until the new year, if you're interested. It's quite way out there, totally off the wall (it's genre is Experimental, entitled Electronic Light Eater) and won't be for everyone, I know. But if it is, you can download it here:

http://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/electronic-light-eater/14318325

You can preview some pages before you download; and can also buy it as a paperback, if you like. Any reviews and/or ratings on the Lulu site gratefully received, thanks!

:-)

(Of course, ideally, this should be in ePub format so it can be read on iDevices, etc., I'm working on it...)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Comments

• JackBQuickJackBQuick Member Posts: 524
    Skimmed the first eight pages and I liked what I read. For some reason, something about your writing provoked flashbacks of Ginsberg's Howl -- don't ask me to explain (I can't) but maybe something in the cadences? Anyways, I'm exhausted now and can't process any more stuff. I'll read it with better attention tomorrow.

Good job! I love the fact that you write -- not many app developers/writers, I bet. And, you've got great control of the language. Very poetic.

Btw, NaNoWriMo was last month. Did you take part?
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Finally got the download after 3 crashes...

will port to my iPad... best reading there!

think I will enjoy exploring a psychotic mind!
    Is this autobiographical? ;D

thanx for the Christmas Present!

MH
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi JBQ; interesting that my writing provoked flashbacks of Ginsberg's Howl; I guess both bits of writing fall under the same umbrella, to an extent.

For your interest, I've been writing for many years, at least, up until '85, when I "lost" my literary agent (I had written two novels up to then). They had tried for a year to find a publisher for one of them; going through a difficult patch; and then it was a case of last in, first out, I guess. I gave up creative writing (stupidly) for over 20 years after that, but have been writing steadily since '06/'07 or thereabouts. Written the novella, some short stories and I'm about halfway through my third novel, with two others pretty much planned out. I keep trying for another literary agent when the mood takes me!

I've been tempted by NaNoWriMo, but have never tried it. I find it difficult to write every day, as it is!

Hi MH;
    I didn't think iPads could read pdf's; good news that they can.
    MotherHoose said:

think I will enjoy exploring a psychotic mind!
    Is this autobiographical? ;D

Ha! you could be onto something there... ;-)

You're welcome for the Christmas present! (Mind you, you haven't read it yet; you might change your mind after..)

Thank you both for taking an interest. I really do hope you enjoy reading the novella; being experimental, it does involve more commitment from the reader than traditional writing, for sure.

:-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps